News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Looking for opinions on gloves

Started by EX#996, August 06, 2002, 06:57:54 PM

h00ktern

I have a set of the Galaxys. Crashed twice on them. The first caused some of the stitches to break, and the strap halfway cut. The last one ate a hole in the thumb of the kangaroo leather (maybe it was cumulative.)

They are nice, but I sort of question the Kangaroo skin durability. At any rate, I'm using my SP1s (one crash survivor) until I either replace the Helds, or try another.

Safe trips,
Dave
Y2K Aprilia RSV R mille

dave333

I have a pair of Teknic gloves, the ones with the chrome knuckles, kevlar and kangaroo.  They also have 2 closure systems.  I have crashed 5 times with these gloves, (don't go there, please), and they are still holding up strong.  Not a broken seam, not a gouge through the leather.  The getoffs ranged from 40mph lowsides to 70-80mph "head over heals" tumbles...  They weren't cheap at $180, but they have always protected my hands.

sdiver68

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the AlpineStar GP Plus for around $160 (from kneedraggers for instance).  It "won" the last crashed glove survey in RRW, and I and most of my racing buddies all wear them with no need to replace despite a few get-offs.  Anyway, another one to consider.
MCRA Race School Instructor

dave333

That Alpinestars GP Plus would have been my other choice, if the shop would have had them...

Madmike

All im gonna say is:

K U S H I T A N I

EX#996

Mad Mike:

Why Kushitani and what style?

Thanks!

Dawn  :)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

racer865

i recently crashed at roebling road while wearing helds  I suffered significant tissue loss due to a complete seam failure along my right thumb. I purchased helds because of their great reputation, what I have discovered since is held has recently converted from a small handmade operation to a mass production deal and now they are manufactured in pakastan When they used to be handmade in germany. Iwas told by several people in the motorcycle garment industry that the new helds are not up to the standards of the helds of a few years ago.

Dawn

Thanks everyone for the opinions, I really appreciate it.  Just as an FYI Paul had Teknic Violator gloves and they did their job protecting his hands when he needed it.  After what I read here, I purchased another set.

Thanks again!

Dawn  :)