News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Looking for opinions on gloves

Started by EX#996, August 06, 2002, 06:57:54 PM

EX#996

Well guys, I am looking for opinions as to what experience your have had with gloves and where the most reasonable place to get them are.

Paul has (or should I say had) Teknic Carbon gloves and they did a wonderful job protecting his hands, however, they did not survive Road America.  So, before I purchase the same type of glove, I just want to be sure that I am getting the best one for him.  This is why I am looking for your input.  

Thanks!

Dawn   :)

Just a note, Paul last glove was a XXL so if the sizes run small, please let me know.
Paul and Dawn Buxton

amaner

i've been racing with the kobe pro gloves this season.  i've pavement tested two pair now, and can vouch for their protective qualities.  however, i've had to replace each pair after one crash due to the lcoation of the small cinch strap; i.e., it's on the bottom.  as soon as you smack the ground the cinch strap (and d-ring holding it) give up the ghost.  that's fine with me as long as they protect my hand (which they have).
hope this helps.  
i plan to switch to held's, both for their reputation and the fact that the smaller strap is on top.

rmahr137

Held's.  I haven't crashed on mine yet (well at least not that I could test the gloves) but the fit is excellent, and everyone I know that has crashed on them has nothing but praise.  They are a little more money than other gloves, but how much are hands worth?

THE D.O.C.

do not EVER buy joe rocket gloves. i didn't even crash, and mine came apart in short order.

Dave_Alexander

I've crash tested my Held gloves twice now and they're still going strong.  One of those crashes involved a good scrape along the pavement too.

amaner

like i said, i'm switiching to helds.  maybe paul should too...  :)

yammyr1

I've purchased several pairs of top name brand gloves and have found only one other pair to be as good as the HELD I've actually crash tested.

They are very reasonable and the quality is very nice on them. I'd buy another pair in a second and you certainly could afford to buy two at the same time for the price.

http://www.allbikestuff.com/

Chainsaw
Shawn
Yamaha R1 & R6
Nesba #936

Bernie Conatser

Held gloves are the way to go.  I have crash tested several pairs and have always been very happy with their performance.  They have several versions in the $160-$230 range that are top notch.  They come in numerical sizes (not sm, med & lg) so I think the chance of getting a proper fit are pretty good.  The importers at Helimot (408) 298-9608 can also offer advice on specific versions and how they fit different hand shapes.  If all else fails, you can fax them a tracing of your hand and they can come up with a proper fit.  Worth every penny!!  Bernie

ceesthadees

I think I read somewhere that the Helimot guys would no longer carry Held gloves after their inventory ran out. Something about Held would no longer guarentee the gloves weren't made in some third world sweat shop.

Anyway, my two cents are that Helimot gives great service, the Held gloves feel great, but each pair I've had were basically trashed in crashes where my hand slid on the pavement. They are kinda of expensive for one crash gloves, but, alas, that is what I will buy next time.

I guess the solution is to stop crashing  ;D

SUPERBIKE_MIKE

suomy makes a great pair of gloves. they are expensive though. I think they are about $180. By far these are the best I have ever used or seen.

USCRacerX

Held.  All the way.  Most comfort, most protection.  Don't even consider another brand.

ysr612

http://www.allbikestuff.com/

yes I have tested them and they held up well carbon grinds fast less then 50 yrds on that hand and almost thrue the carbon.