News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Waving Yellow / Stationary Yellow

Started by TrophyGal, July 29, 2002, 01:46:32 PM

TrophyGal

Question for the safety crews throughout the country ..

Do you use the Waving Yellow / Stationary Yellow flag technique in your region during CCS races?

For instance, a crash in Turn 2 would show the riders  the Stationary Yellow while Turn 1 would have a waving yellow to warn the riders of the upcoming incident.

We've found it to be very effective in the Southeast.

Litespeed

I'm not a safety worker but we do use the standing/stationary yellows in the SW region.  It's been my experience that the yellow's are only displayed at the station just before the accident and we are not to pass anyone under waving until we are passed the accident, even if it is down the track a bit.

FoodCrewMARRC

Jeanne,

That sounds a little backwards...A crash in turn 2 would have a waving yellow in turn 2 and a standing yellow in turn 1 if the turn 2 captain asked for it.  

At least that's how we do it at Summit with MARRC.  We don't require upstream stations show a support flag unless the captain where the incident is requests it.  

Alot of times , at SP, this occours in Turn 5 when the captain will ask the flagger at 4 for a standing yellow.

Will

Woofentino Pugrossi

QuoteJeanne,

That sounds a little backwards...A crash in turn 2 would have a waving yellow in turn 2 and a standing yellow in turn 1 if the turn 2 captain asked for it.  

At least that's how we do it at Summit with MARRC.  We don't require upstream stations show a support flag unless the captain where the incident is requests it.  

Alot of times , at SP, this occours in Turn 5 when the captain will ask the flagger at 4 for a standing yellow.

Will

Thats how we do it in the midwest too.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Laura Cole

We up in the Northeast (US Marshalls) use a stationary yellow at the turn preceding the waving yellow.

TrophyGal

Yes, I realize after I posted that I wrote it backwards.

It's the stationary at the first turn and the waving at the turn where the incident is happening.