News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Track day at Streets of Willow 11/28

Started by SlowDragon, November 12, 2003, 06:42:08 PM

SlowDragon

OK boys and girls before you get too excited this is a POLL not an announcement of a track day. I've spoken to a few people who are interested in the track day on Friday and currently no-one is scheduling one.

Not to detract from CCS' own LP 'day', most racers seem to want the whole of the day before the race weekend to test and tune. I'm going to contact the track and a few track day organizers to see if anyone is interested in hosting a track day. Unfrotunately Kelly Baker did not too well with the last one in May and is not interested this time.

So, before I make the calls I'd like to get an idea of how many people would be interested in doing the track day. The basic rule that will probably apply is that you have to pay in advance.

Anyone who turns up on the day will not be allowed entry. It's only fair to the organizers that they have a committed number of riders who have paid - just like a normal track day.

So, if you're interested let me know, otherwise enjoy the turkey and see you Saturday.

By the way, in the UK we celebrate our Thanksgiving on July 4th  ;)

SlowDragon

SlowDragon

Well, I guess that's why Kelly Baker was not interested this time  ;D

See you all Saturday!!

amberry

Okay, so attendance for the track day, Si, Lo, Amber and John, whos organizing it?  Come on now, SOMEONE out there must be dying to host a track day for us!!!  

Si, are you guys coming to Thanksgiving Dinner at my moms?  A mere 20 miles from the track, and a real honest to goodness American homecooked Thanksgiving meal!  Gordon already RSVPed he'll be there with bells on, signing Kenny Rogers Christmas Carols, you can bring your new CD.

SlowDragon

We've found someone who may be interested in hosting the thing - the only missing part are the riders to come and play.

Celtic Christmas songs? mmm....how about something more cheerful like Nirvana?

speedy619

simon,

how many guys do you need.  I can get at least 4-5 more.

Mike

Team_nuclear123

For a friday track day, I think we have 4 or 5 as well.

Daniel, Tristan, Karl (he's gonna race!)Brit, Kevin, Sammy.

Maybe more, not sure yet.

zx9r-racer

SlowDragon

I just spoke to the track and as of today it is still available.

So, if you are SERIOUSLY INTERESTED please click on the poll and PM me with your details. If we have enough people to make it fiscally viable we can probably make it a go. I'll check the poll at 5pm Pacific on Tuesday 25th, count the number of people that have sent me their details and we'll see if we have enough.

If we can get around 25 people it will cost around $ 200 each which covers the track, ambulance, insurance and corner workers. This is a not-for-profit organization so the more people that sign up AHEAD OF TIME the cheaper it becomes.

So, if you want to spend $ 200 (or possibly less) cast your vote.