News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

SPAM: 2004 SliderPhoto Calendar

Started by SliderPhoto, October 30, 2003, 04:59:45 AM

SliderPhoto

It's calendar time again. This year I'm not waiting for schedules to be finalized. Instead I have a goal to be shipping calendars by December 1st.  

My plan is to make one calendar for all the organizations that I shot for this season. I'm going to change the design a bit to include even more photos--photo count should be over 150. The photos will come from various tracks such as: Blackhawk, Gateway, Mid America, Road America, Gingerman, Grattan, Mid-Ohio, Beaver Run, and Putnam Park.

I'll be picking the photos for the calendar the next week or so. If you would like to be in the calendar please post here or e-mail me. Include the number of your favorite photo if possible. Obviously I didn't make it to a lot of races this past season. If you have a favorite photo from 2003 that would be fine too.

Calendars are $15.

SliderPhoto

Eddie#200

;D Can I be in a larger photo this year?   ;D

EX#996

Eddie to be bigger in the picture, you'll just need to grow taller.   ;D  

Whoo hoo!!!!  Jack's doing another calendar.  I'll take two.  Now it's time to browse.

Dawn   ;)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

Eddie#200

QuoteEddie to be bigger in the picture, you'll just need to grow taller.   ;D  

Whoo hoo!!!!  Jack's doing another calendar.  I'll take two.  Now it's time to browse.

Dawn   ;)

Nobody likes a smarty pants  ;)

SliderPhoto

Quote;D Can I be in a larger photo this year?   ;D

Sure, bribes aren't out of the question.  :P ;D 8)

Eddie#200

QuoteSure, bribes aren't out of the question.  :P ;D 8)

I think you got me in a few good pictures this year.

ALTHOUGH and I speak for many of us when I say you needed to be around a little more this season...  we just missed having you around.  ;D

SliderPhoto

QuoteALTHOUGH and I speak for many of us when I say you needed to be around a little more this season...  we just missed having you around.  ;D

I understand and agree, I missed being at the races as well. Although I enjoy doing what I do, it is a lot of work and there are costs involved. While I appreciate everyone, like yourself, that did purchase a print or CD it seems most are happy looking at themselves on the site or printing the photos with SAMPLE accross them. It was a little disheartening printing the photos for the CCS quilt that was auctioned off for the Wegman. Out of the 40+ pics I'd say less than 5 ever bought a pic from me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a racer but I do understand the costs involved to race and understand photos are simply extras. I'm open to any suggestions feel free to e-mail me. I've tried to keep my prices low but maybe there's something I'm missing.

I'm anxious to see how the schedules work for 2004. Even if there is overlap I have a plan that hopefully will mean more coverage for MW/GL/GP region events.

Mark Bernard

Jack... you have mail! (How much of a bribe are we talking here?) I have a pretty good job!  ;)
Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region

K3 Chris Onwiler

QuoteWhile I appreciate everyone, like yourself, that did purchase a print or CD it seems most are happy looking at themselves on the site or printing the photos with SAMPLE accross them.

I'm open to any suggestions feel free to e-mail me. I've tried to keep my prices low but maybe there's something I'm missing.

I'm anxious to see how the schedules work for 2004. Even if there is overlap I have a plan that hopefully will mean more coverage for MW/GL/GP region events.
I've e mailed you twice about a poster...

Maybe a post season CD sale?  We usually have more money in the post season.  If you offered every shot of a guy on CD for maybe $100, and 20 guys took you up on it, that would help, right?  I dunno...  I can't help myself when it comes to your pictures, so I guess I'm in the minority.  I just rode so poorly this year that you didn't get many good shots of me. :-[
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Dawn

I've made this a sticky so everyone would have the opportunity to see Jack's note.

Dawn   :)

SliderPhoto

QuoteI've e mailed you twice about a poster...

Chris, did I not get back to you? Hmm.

QuoteMaybe a post season CD sale?  We usually have more money in the post season.  If you offered every shot of a guy on CD for maybe $100, and 20 guys took you up on it, that would help, right?

In this case it would help. :)  I attended 3 events and CDs are $30. You can get all that now for $90. What a deal!  :P  

I considered package deals at the beginning of the year but I decided not to. For a certain price you get everything on CD and maybe a few prints. Then I know who wants photos and I can give them more attention. But if I miss an event people feel cheated. That's why I didn't do it.

But is it really price? My prices are already lower than any other photographer I've seen. And I take a ton of photos. Maybe I should just sell at the track and not post them. That seems to be working for the other people.

Thingy

Hey Jack!  I will take 2 calendars, just like last year.  What is your Paypal address?

Can you make sure that I get a picture in there?  (You can pick it, I like all your photos.)  This might be tough since you weren't at Blackhawk farms to see me ride the Safety First 'Development Bike' with the black, radar-absorbing stealth paint. ;D
-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Tuck your skirt in your panties and twist the throttle!

SliderPhoto

QuoteHey Jack!  I will take 2 calendars, just like last year.  What is your Paypal address?

Can you make sure that I get a picture in there?  (You can pick it, I like all your photos.)  This might be tough since you weren't at Blackhawk farms to see me ride the Safety First 'Development Bike' with the black, radar-absorbing stealth paint. ;D

You bet HitchThingy!  ;D

You can paypal to jackb@sliderphoto.com. I charge $2 for envelope and postage per order.

Thanks.

Mark Bernard

QuoteChris, did I not get back to you? Hmm.

In this case it would help. :)  I attended 3 events and CDs are $30. You can get all that now for $90. What a deal!  :P  

I considered package deals at the beginning of the year but I decided not to. For a certain price you get everything on CD and maybe a few prints. Then I know who wants photos and I can give them more attention. But if I miss an event people feel cheated. That's why I didn't do it.

But is it really price? My prices are already lower than any other photographer I've seen. And I take a ton of photos. Maybe I should just sell at the track and not post them. That seems to be working for the other people.
(As a testimoney...) I have bought a couple of CD's. Jack's work just rocks! If he can make an old, slow, former backmarker like myself look like a Pro... ;D 8) then it's worth every penny and more! Jack... you have the best prices by far of any of the other track side shooters I have dealt with. I personally think it would be benificial to sell at the track, but I would not eliminate posting them on your websight either. The event CD's tho... what a great deal! I would encurage everyone to purchase them!!
Mark (Bernie) Bernard

StumpysWife

Why on earth would anyone want a picture with sample on it?  Pretty stingy if you ask me.

Heather

EM JAY

Jack you are awesome!  I have told you before, your stuff cannot be touched by anyone else I have seen, quality or price wise!!!   You rock man!!  8)
Michael Jordan
           CCS EX #??   ASRA #??
   01 SV Midwest
  Thanks to Expert Racing Ltd. in Chicago and Madness Custom Choppers of Fox Lake

KBOlsen

No question about it... Jack has us alll spoiled with his awesome work and great prices.  I've only encountered two other photographers at the track thus far... while they were both "good", neither could hold a candle to Jack in terms of quality AND quantity.

I'll be doing most of my Christmas shopping at SliderPhoto this year, and hope others do, too.  

Jack, I sure do hope to see you more next year!
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

oldguy

Jack, I want 3. It'd be cool if I was in them, but I was so slow you shot the pic before I got there. Next time set your shutter for 1/4 and I'll ride into it! ;D  ;D

SliderPhoto

Doug, I'll get you in man, you're on an RC! ::) I'll use one from Beaver Run.

Thanks everyone for the comments. I do appreciate them a lot.

Super Dave

QuoteBut is it really price? My prices are already lower than any other photographer I've seen. And I take a ton of photos. Maybe I should just sell at the track and not post them. That seems to be working for the other people.

Yeah, you're cheap, period.  The site you take the time to do is awesome.

Jack, you still want a set of my rental leathers?
Super Dave

Nate R

jack? One of me?  ??? We need one of a slow kid!  ;D

I'll post my pic suggestions later
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

SliderPhoto

QuoteYeah, you're cheap, period.  The site you take the time to do is awesome.

Jack, you still want a set of my rental leathers?

Thanks Dave and thanks again for all the time you spent with me this season when you didn't have to. It sure is appreciated!

I've been spending a lot of time on the site the past couple weeks. The next version is going to be cool, can't wait till it's ready for prime time.

Leathers? No, I got mine back from Alexa. My camera is out for repairs but when I get it back I can't wait to show everyone her work. DANG! SUHWEET is all I can say. Now I just need to get rid of the extra weight so I can fit in them. :)

Hopefully my camera repair bill wont be too high. I've been keeping a piggy bank and I might be able to swing a TTR for the ice this season.  Famous last words....

Super Dave

Ugh....

Lalalalalalalala!

Don't talk about TTR's!  

I really NEED one for the ice this year.  I just have so much debt that I can't find a way to get one.  
Super Dave

K3 Chris Onwiler

Sorry Jack, but I didn't hear back from you on the poster.  Maybe I accidentally deleted it or something.  I've got two more big bills left to pay from this season, and then I'll be buying all three CDs, at least one print, and I still want to do posters.
Were you able to send a picture to LP?
Chris
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"

SliderPhoto

QuoteSorry Jack, but I didn't hear back from you on the poster.  Maybe I accidentally deleted it or something.  I've got two more big bills left to pay from this season, and then I'll be buying all three CDs, at least one print, and I still want to do posters.
Were you able to send a picture to LP?
Chris

Sorry Chris. I did some searching and couldn't find any e-mails about the poster or that I sent a photo to Aaron. Sorry! I sent him one last week, there still might be time. Let me know.

Lowe119

I will be buying a couple calendars this year, also. It would be cool if I was in it, too. I know I don't have the prettiest gear, but....  MW expert plate #119
I guess my favorites are 148936; 148937; 149075; 149152; 149177 -  :)

Tom Fredricks

Sorry Mr. 119. he probaly ran out of film by the time you made it around the track ;D. Did you get your bike back togeather yet? E-mail me if you need anything painted, I have the pink that you looked at in stock still.   THRDRCR@AOL.COM
T & J racing

Lowe119

I'm just giving him time to set up for me.  :P
The bike has a new engine in it, but needs some tuning. I think I'll stay away from pink, though. Maybe if you have some yellow for my number plate..... :-/
So who is this 3rdrcr who is calling me slow? It isn't the amateur on the red and white bike who can barely get 1.22's at bfr, is it?

Mark Bernard

QuoteSo who is this 3rdrcr who is calling me slow? It isn't the amateur on the red and white bike who can barely get 1.22's at bfr, is it?
I hope your not talking about me!!! But it sure sounds like it! >:(
Mark (Bernie) Bernard

Lowe119

No - it's my buddy who likes to talk smack. He likes to think he does 1.14's. Any references to other red and white bikes are purely coincidence. So put your angry face away  ;)

Mark Bernard

QuoteNo - it's my buddy who likes to talk smack. He likes to think he does 1.14's. Any references to other red and white bikes are purely coincidence. So put your angry face away  ;)
ok... just checkin! lol ;D<<<<<better?
Mark (Bernie) Bernard

K3 Chris Onwiler

QuoteNo - it's my buddy who likes to talk smack. He likes to think he does 1.14's. Any references to other red and white bikes are purely coincidence. So put your angry face away  ;)
What's the big deal?  I've run a 1:14 around Blackhawk.

(Actually, it was Rosno setting up my suspension in practice, but don't tell anyone.)

Mark Bernard

QuoteWhat's the big deal?  I've run a 1:14 around Blackhawk.

(Actually, it was Rosno setting up my suspension in practice, but don't tell anyone.)
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!  :-X lol
Mark (Bernie) Bernard

Super Dave

8) ;) :-*

Chris...how did Halloween go?
Super Dave

K3 Chris Onwiler

Quote8) ;) :-*

Chris...how did Halloween go?
Outstanding!  Gorillas, chainsaws, scared kids, spilled candy...  The neighbors even got into the spirit and started doing weird stuff that they made up on the spot!  We ended up with several masks, hats, plastic weapons and a cell phone!  I was telling kids that the gorilla wouldn't hurt them if they gave him candy.  There was nearly as much candy in the cage as we gave out!
The best thing is that the kids are all pretty well behaved.  I think they know we do it for them, so they respect that.  Plus that, they must know that we aren't for real.  They pshyce themselves up to a fever pitch before they even arrive at our door.  It's really cool, and a neighborhood tradition.

Lowe119

Someday I'll get down to 1.14s, but I think I'll have to upgrade my stock suspension, first. (maybe workout a little, maybe do a few more events, and a list of other things).  :-[ :)

Super Dave

QuoteSomeday I'll get down to 1.14s, but I think I'll have to upgrade my stock suspension, first. (maybe workout a little, maybe do a few more events, and a list of other things).  :-[ :)

Just get it to 4&6 and get it optimized with the correct geomtery.  You'll have the proper anti-squat and trail that will make it easier to ride.  Then when you want to spend the money, bolt on the shock at the same length as what they have you set up at and it will be better.

Super Dave