News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Two things that made my day....

Started by EX#996, October 29, 2003, 06:07:17 PM

EX#996

One was reading the White vs Yellow thread to see who won the race to the 300th post between Kevin and Benji.

The other was on Team Stumpy's site.

http://www.angelfire.com/hero/teamstumpyracing/overheard.html

I had a smile on my face for hours.

Dawn   :)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

StumpysWife

Awwww, thanks Dawn.  April really feels far away right now.  

I just re-read through them....good times for sure  :D

Heather

SliderPhoto

Yeah, that was fun to read last night.

I still remember Road America, the kink. Stumpy threw his bike at me. :p I saw it coming and got a few pictures of the air fence. :) But I still remember yelling at him to jump through the photo hole in the fence. I figured the race would be red flagged but I saw Purk and some other lead EXs bareling down on their second lap with Stumpy in the impact zone. I'm glad that hole was there and I'm glad everyone was alright.

StumpysWife

Oh yes, Stumpy remembers the kink well, too.  And he's not all that fond of the bend or kettle bottoms now either.   :-/

Heather

EX#996

QuoteOh yes, Stumpy remembers the kink well, too.  And he's not all that fond of the bend or kettle bottoms now either.   :-/

Heather

OK...

There must be a story here.  Care to share?

Paul and Dawn Buxton

SliderPhoto

Oh, and I was pretty pissed when I saw you got Zemke's gloves and boots for $100 :o Man! If I was there....  ;D

StumpysWife

They fit me perfect, too!  :P :D

I love Zemke so I was pleased.  Plus I needed new gloves, so those brand new Joe Rocket gloves were an awesome deal.

Heather

EX#996

QuotePlease refer to the thread located here:

http://www.racemotorcycles.com/cgi-bin/board/YaBB.pl?board=ccs1;action=display;num=1051496974;start=6

That one I knew about.  When you mentioned the 'bend' I though he had another "experience" when you were there in October.

Paul and Dawn Buxton

StumpysWife

No, not in the bend--just didn't like it.  Ask Steviebee about the bend!

Down kettle bottoms he did have a "moment" with the bike starting to basically slide sideways at a decent clip early Saturday morning on the damp green track, but he held on and saved it.  I think the unprotected walls on either side of him inspired him to ride it out.    

Heather