If WERA is so popular...

Started by bfkidd, July 24, 2002, 11:23:59 AM

bfkidd

How come the most people that had in a race last week at N. Florida was 8? Most of the classes had far less than that! And it was a suzuki event.

I thought Roebling was a poor turnout but I have never seen anything like that!

I know, CCS Florida, SE, AMA Mid-Ohio, FUSA etc., but their attendance just doesn't seem to compare race for race.

r6_philly

I was trying to remember why I chose CCS over WERA yesterday. It came down to 3 reasons.

1. CCS has more regional events for me.

2. They had the "Zero to Hero" promotion last year where you get 1/2 off race school and get the 1st entry on sunday races free

3. I didn't have to safety wire my exhaust headers bolts. I didn't feel like taken them off... lazy I know.

I really think the promotion helped many people. Also the CCS website was much more helpful last year. They had race event reviews/news, a couple of articles about start racing (by a elder Dr. I believe) and other useful info. The new racer package is cool to read and very helpful too.

I believe the overall PR of CCS is better than WERA, and CCS do spend a lot of money on marketing (look at the 4 page full spread ad in RRW)

THE_D.O.C.

wera has a new region. it competed with moroso, and roebling that weekend.  both are fine organizations. move along folks, nothing to see here.  ::)

wera can post your results in the same season. unlike others.

bfkidd

And even though I didn't say anything negative against WERA, I was just pointing to an attendence figure, they are already blasting me on their site.

And this is the exact point I was looking to prove.

amaner

Honestly, I think your experience at NFMP was an anomaly.  I've run WERA in the Mid-Atlantic region, and the turnout is on par with CCS.  In the end, which sanctioning body you ride with is a personal decision.  I ride both so I can get as much track time as possible.
My 2cents worth.

Mongo

Last I checked Evelyne is actually WERA and she's not blasting you.  

Som riders might be but please don't accuse WERA of something - just as Zeb got corrected on his statement using CCS rather than saying a CCS racer.

I also looked at the thread and so far don't see anyone blasting you.  Are you as sensitive as Zeb?

Sean P. Clarke
WERA Motorcycle Roadracing
www.wera.com

RoadRacerR6

Hmm.  Can't find anywhere on the WERA BBS where anyone is blasting you, bfkidd.

Are you sure you're not just making that up?

amaner

QuoteLast I checked Evelyne is actually WERA and she's not blasting you.  

Som riders might be but please don't accuse WERA of something - just as Zeb got corrected on his statement using CCS rather than saying a CCS racer.

I also looked at the thread and so far don't see anyone blasting you.  Are you as sensitive as Zeb?

go mongo, go mongo!

amaner

Quote3. I didn't have to safety wire my exhaust headers bolts. I didn't feel like taken them off... lazy I know.

I believe the overall PR of CCS is better than WERA, and CCS do spend a lot of money on marketing (look at the 4 page full spread ad in RRW)

hmm...  please wire your header bolts.  :)  and the exhaust springs!  i had one come flying at me on the jefferson circuit.  it whacked me on the neck...  that stung!

the pr of ccs...  yeah, as long as you don't ask your sponsors to check the ccs page for results!  :)

Dawn

CCS vs WERA....

Isn't that the same debate as Pepsi vs. Coke?

THE_D.O.C.

you pissed me off chucky. anyone can have low attendance at any time.it is not indicative of anything. hell, at least you got a top ten at a wera event. you can brag on that!! like i said. both are fine orgs. and i have a liscense for both!!

i'd like to point out that chuck juhaz was doing nothing more than stirring a pot. not as innocent as he would like to imply.

wera331

yes wera and ccs are different I race in both ,depending on convience.most of the time I see the same people at both events.most of them are really nice and helpful and have better things to do instead of trying to start stuff.don't start nothing and there won't be nothing.