News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

health insurance

Started by MightyDuc Racing, July 23, 2002, 08:45:34 PM

MightyDuc Racing

Who do you guys use for racing health insurance?  How much does it cost, and where can I go to sign up?  Thanks in advance.   8)
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

amaner

I use Blue Cross Blue Shield, and I'm covered while racing.  BUT, my coverage is provided by my company (it costs me nothing).  Can't help you on the numbers, but I love BCBS!

Wade_Parish

I'm interested in hearing some answers to this too. Bump.

EX#996

I used to be in insurance some time ago and I am sure some things don't change that much.  If you are planning to get health insurance privately, be prepared to have an endorsement (it would exclude racing) or a rating (charging an extra premium) on the policy.

The best bet is to get coverage through your employer's group coverage.  However, this does not help those who are self employed.  Check with your insurance agent or go through an insurance broker to find the most coverage for the money.  If you are not familiar with the insurance company offering the coverage, it would be a good bet to check with the commissioner of insurance for your state to see if that company has a good history.  If the company has a poor history (a lot of complaints and fines) you may not want to go there.

$.02

Dawn   :)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

lafer

I have wondered for five years how my insurance company would react to a claim...I get to find out now.  I just spent a week at Rockford Memorial after getting run off T1 during Saturday's MW Sportsman race.  I'll keep ya' posted as to how well the claim is handled, etc.  I have Blue Cross/Blue Shield also...

Marty