News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Some ROC results

Started by Bam55, October 17, 2003, 03:39:54 PM

Bam55

Talked to my cousin (Benji "Lil'Thorny" Thornton) as he was leaving the track (ROC) said he  finished 4th in GTU and 3rd in MWSuperSport. He also told me Micheal Shallcross(Spelling?) finished second in GTO, great job guys, I will update when I hear more.
By the way, both Thornton and Shallcross are seasoned amatuers from Visionsports, looks like we are still able to show people some tricks, eh SD??

Dawn

Cool.

Thanks for the update!

Dawn   :)

Super Dave

Yeah, they did do pretty well.  I'm happy.  Would love to see them do better too, if they can.  

I've been waiting for a call from all of them to try to get them up to speed, but sadly, they haven't taken the opportunity to call.

Have talked with Jesse Janisch about five times.  I think he's running the second fastest 600 times right now just behind Scott Greenwood.  
Super Dave

TreyBone

A "seasoned" amateur doesn't sound good :-/

badmonkey

you know, salt and pepper...."seasoned"
Do you want to touch my Monkey?

Super Dave

Seasoned?  Honestly, Benji came to our school in August of last year and then raced that weekend.  So, this is his first full year of motorcycle road racing.

Mr Shallcross...Kind of tried for a couple of years hit and miss, but this year, he really put his head down.

If I can get them past making mistakes and get right into the meat of doing things right, I can cut down their learning and expense curve very quickly.  That's always what I tried to do.  Make it easy.  Really, the Visionsports' schools are geared more toward guys that know what the flags are and all;  we're trying to make them  exceptionably knowledgeable racers and riders.
Super Dave

Bam55

Benji Thornton IS 2003 Sport Bike National champion!!!!!!!!! That would mean 1st place for all you unseasoned racers!
 Yes, I meant seasoned as in doing things right immediatly, Benj has a total of 8 weekends in motorcycle road racing.
 I will keep you updated!! Go Lil' Thorny GO!!!!!

Bam55

Championship #2 Is MW Superbike, KEEP IT UP BENJI!!!!!

stumpy

Keep the updates coming!  We're soooo happy for you Benji!  Keep it up!!!!!!!  

Heather & Stumpy
Greg "Stumpy" Steltenpohl
www.teamstumpyracing.com

GAMEDIC

William Meyers is kicking ass and taking names

am_#65_john_deere

thats the way to do it benji.

nice to say that i finished second to a national champion this year ;)

gotta go, goin to have a drink to celebrate the success of all my fellow midwest, g.p, g.l, racers.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

MELK-MAN

Nice riding today Benji.. in hindsight it would have been fun racing with you but i told myself 2 races on a borrowed bike is all im willing to risk, i would have had my hands full again for sure just edging you out in the middleweight super sport for 2nd. True sportsmanship today when interviewed giving me props for not being out there with ya.. you really did not need to do that man, it was your moment, but a big thumbs up anyway. Next year?
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice