News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Pacific Region Supersport Lap Times

Started by raptorduck952, July 19, 2002, 01:01:41 PM

Litespeed

If I wanted to brag I would talk about the last round in Phoenix where I was stuck in a 3-person break away with Kane leading and Brett Nelson glued to his back tire with me glued to Brett's for the first couple of laps.  Then arm pump set in and I faded all the way back to 4th.  If i could get off my lazy butt and get some conditioning I would be much better off.  Are you gonna be at LV next round?  If so I will see you there.

And so I don't appear completely stupid, I got the 9th in MW GP with the 7th in MWSB and a 10th in MWSS.  This is my first year racing and I didn't visit any of the scheduled tracks before race weekend.  I would encourage Raptor to start racing and just grid in the back until you feel comfortable.  I was battling for last in my first weekend and quickly moved up.

raptorduck952

Thanks to everybody for the advice. My first race will be the last race of the CCS Pacific Region season at Willow. I figured I should get that first race out of my system before next season. In the meantime I am turning my fully stock R6 into a raceworthy one.

p.s. I will grid in the back and try to stay out everybody's way. Best of luck to all for the rest of the season.

GPgofast

QuoteIf I wanted to brag I would talk about the last round in Phoenix where I was stuck in a 3-person break away with Kane leading and Brett Nelson glued to his back tire with me glued to Brett's for the first couple of laps.  Then arm pump set in and I faded all the way back to 4th.  If i could get off my lazy butt and get some conditioning I would be much better off.  Are you gonna be at LV next round?  If so I will see you there.

And so I don't appear completely stupid, I got the 9th in MW GP with the 7th in MWSB and a 10th in MWSS.  This is my first year racing and I didn't visit any of the scheduled tracks before race weekend.  I would encourage Raptor to start racing and just grid in the back until you feel comfortable.  I was battling for last in my first weekend and quickly moved up.

I agree about Raptor getting out on the track ASAP and would even suggest going to LV. I am sure you have run the track there, your description fits the "Classic Course". Nine turns, fast back straight and sweeper. Turn 4 a hairpin preceded by a chicane, bumpy into turn 1-same track.

Lytespeed-I plan on making the LV round next month, everything work wise looks ok. I get to race at Thunderhill next month and I have even preregistered so maybe I will get a decent grid position. Man, if you were able to stick to those guys, you have definitely stepped up a bunch-congratulations. Top 5 finish with some of the guys running in this group is definitely something to brag about!!! I am looking forward to LV, I couldn't break 1:32 in practice and then I went out in the race and was consistently running 1:28's. Hopefully I can knock a couple more seconds off my pace and run a little more competively. It sure is tough for old guys like me. GP, CCS AM #74.

Litespeed

I race in the SW region but am contemplating racing at the Pacific region streets since I missed it earlier this year.  Try to get to Vegas and we will gladly help you out.

raptorduck952

I wanted to thank everybody in this group for your advice. I raced at Willow in the last race of the year as my first race weekend. I finished every race I entered and did not crash, which was my goal. My lap times got as fast as the 1:31s but not faster as I learned that traffic lesson.

I then went to the Vegas course for a school and lapped in the 1:28's which felt pretty good. I will race my first full season next year and look forward to it. I hope all that racing will make me faster. Thanks again to all.

Raptorduck CCS #952

Decreasing_Dave

I guess I should practice bragging too.  I stuck with Kane during the $1000 UNGP race for 2 whole laps, before he started walking away.  >:(

He did drag me to a second place with a healthy lead over third.  ;D

I learned a lot too.

My wife claims that I wasn't second though, she calls it "1st behind Kane." ;D ;D ;D