News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Help with my 02 r1 ?

Started by Tom Fredricks, October 16, 2003, 06:42:50 AM

Tom Fredricks

I forced into buying a 02 R1, My arm was twisted so i did it ;D. I need some help with it though, I have no owners maual :(. First question; what way do you turn the throtle to make it go. Just kidding (That question still has my buddy Rob #940 baffeld).Hi Rob. OK this is what i realy need, The front end feels like it wants wash out in slow turns(fast turns are cool) The rear shock adjustments; What is the top adjuster and what is the bottom adjuster screw? How much sag for the front fork and how much for the rear shock? also how is the shift light set? anyone that can offer some help will get a real good x-mas from my friend Bernie #391, Right Bernie :o

Tom
T & J racing

Super Dave

Bottom adjusters are usually rebound.  Top is compression.  

Washing in slow corners?  Well, if you're really moving in a fast one, you could be compressing the rear enough that the trail that is produced in the front "feels" good.  In slow stuff, are you coming in on the brakes?  Again, back to trail, might be too tight up there so you could add preload...lots of questions come up for each question.

Sag...you have my booklet from school?
Super Dave

Tom Fredricks

Thanks Dave, Yes i have your book still so maybe i should look at it huh ::). Also Dave, Dont you have a R6? ;) R6 for a gsxr? ;D Come on Dave i have to match ;D
T & J racing

Super Dave

Maybe you should give me the R1 so you can have 600's?  LOL!
Super Dave

Mark Bernard

QuoteI forced into buying a 02 R1, My arm was twisted so i did it ;D. I need some help with it though, I have no owners maual :(. First question; what way do you turn the throtle to make it go. Just kidding (That question still has my buddy Rob #940 baffeld).Hi Rob. OK this is what i realy need, The front end feels like it wants wash out in slow turns(fast turns are cool) The rear shock adjustments; What is the top adjuster and what is the bottom adjuster screw? How much sag for the front fork and how much for the rear shock? also how is the shift light set? anyone that can offer some help will get a real good x-mas from my friend Bernie #391, Right Bernie :o

Tom
Hey now... seems like Im getting the short end of the throttle! But if that is what it takes to get you set up Tom... Then so be it!  ;) I think I can round up a set of used and abused Buell tires for the cause! Mabe a warped rotor or some broken clip-ons. Oh wait! I got it... how about an autographed picture of me and the Buell! That ought to get the ball rolling for ya! Who could resist a pic. of me...!!!  ;D After all, Im awfully darn handsome for an old coddler! By the way... my 43rd B-day is on the 22nd. Whatcha gettin me?  ;)
Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region

Tom Fredricks

MArk, for your birthday i of am getting you a autographed picture of........MYSELF ;D
T & J racing

Mark Bernard

QuoteMArk, for your birthday i of am getting you a autographed picture of........MYSELF ;D

Whooo boy....! Lucky me!  ???
Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region