News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

What is Legal for stock Bike

Started by crazycurrie, October 06, 2003, 10:18:48 PM

crazycurrie

Ok ive already asked for advice about my first race...  Now i would like to know what is legal on my bike.. I wanted to race it as stock. the Mods that i have are a F/S Erion pipe, PC3R, And Some silly G-Box i got from ebay that got me an additional 4 HP on the dyno for a total of 151 hp... Im not a newbie rider and i can deffinitly handle my 954 just wondering if i can still race it as stock.  ;D

tzracer

Suspension. Have the forks set up, such as what Traxxion Dynamics offers, and an after market shock. Much more important than power.

If by stock, you mean supersport, the current CCS rules are very lax for supersport.
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

Super Dave

Yeah, anything will work if you want it to.

Brakes are really important.  Steel braided lines would be good.  A new set of pads might be good.  Stock ones work really, really well, actually, but you can have better feel from others.  

I use Vesrahs, but I have used about everything out there.  D P Brakes and Performance Friction would be other good ones.

You can get away without suspension, but the bike probably won't "support" the excessive traction as well as it could.  The spring rates are probably not correct for racing applications and the geometry generally isn't right.  Specifically, the swingarm angle in relation to how it creates anti squat, and trail.  

You CAN ride it the way it is, but you won't get a real confident feeling from the bike necessarily.

Hope that gives you some ideas.
Super Dave

crazycurrie

yeah that is one thing im regreting at this moment was purchasing my pc3r. my bike had plenty of power the way it was i could of used the money to redue my entire front suspension first.  Live and learn and just save for the next upgrade...   thanks guys ::)

Super Dave

Hey, but there are guys that are willing to buy them second hand.  

We pulled all the PC stuff off the Superbikes on the team I was working with.  Sometimes they foul up at the track, then you're not riding.

Really depends upon what you want to spend money on.  

Race bike...here's what I focus on.  

First, well, you've got to have catch pan lowers and all, right, and the case guards, etc.

Brakes, well, you know, you want to stop NOW when you need to.

Next, well, I raced until the middle of August with stock internals on my R6 other than the Hyperpro springs.  I was using a Hyperpro shock too...

But, one of the important things we did was get the bike optimized by the local GMD computrack place in Chicago....  http://4and6.com

A stock shock might be attached by an adjustable clevis.  I know the R6 is, the GSXR600, the ZX6R.  That can be used with adjustments on the height of the fork tubes in the triple clamps to get the correct geometry with the tires you'll RACE with.  That's important, because different tire manufacturers have different tire heights even though the sizes are the same.

Then you'd like to select springs that work the best for you.

Motor stuff is always just a bonus, and more just can make is harder to get around.  You know the deal on that though. ;D
Super Dave