News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

MotoGP is gay (possible spoiler)

Started by TZDeSioux, October 06, 2003, 07:14:56 AM

duc995@aol.com

It looked to me that Tamada did the usual Japanese at home riding...ie kamakazi!  I forced his way past Gibernau to get on the box at his home venue and made contact with a top rider...he may have even hit his brake lever (ala Haga!) on the way by to put Gibernau so out of shape.  I am unsure about the severity of the penalty...but is was an unprofessional kamikazi manuever!

Zac

As we are all taught, inside wins  :o

The first time I saw Tamada contact Hayden trying to pass him on the inside I thought OK, he just doesn't understand the American's dirt track lines.

The second time you think he would have figured out Hayden kicks the rear out to tighten up the corner.

After the third time with Hayden, I was thinking Tamada was too aggressive and not riding smart (I'm sure he was getting frustrated with Hayden's lines).

I already though Tamada was riding rough before he hit Sete.  If that would have been the first incident, I would have called it racing, but not after the way he was riding with Hayden.

Too bad, it was an otherwise awesome race.

-z.

motomadness

Personally, I think Tamada wanted it more than anyone else, so he went for it where he thought he could.  

If you have it on tape, I would look at the top view they showed near the end of the broadcast (after the race).  This view shows an almost different story.  From this angle it looks as though Tamada got the position, then Sete tried/wanted to move around Tamada on the outside, but the door was shut.  Sete should have backed off to avoid the contact.

In my opinion it's another Ben Bostrom/Jacobi incident.  The blame really should be directed at Sete.  Riders at that level can be very agressive without indangering other riders.

TZDeSioux

Sean.. I couldn't have said it better myself. I saw it over and over and over and can't seem to find where it was Tamada's fault. As far as Tamada passing Hayden being too aggressive, I guess you guys never watched MotoGP before.  ::)

TZDeSioux

QuoteWhat say you let me ride that TZ and try to emulate the Kwak Attack?

next year... blackhawk or Mid America. I'll let you sit on my bike and make ringa ding ding noises.  ;)

Chef

wuttabout me??? i probly stall it huh???

>:( :-/
40. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measure. We were all meant to shine, as children do. When our light shines, we liberate others.

TZDeSioux

Quotewuttabout me??? i probly stall it huh???

>:( :-/

you don't even have to ask.... I thought we was cool like that.  >:(

MadXX

Ok. watched it again.  The last pass against hayden was solid.  There was contact but Tamada had the inside line.  Now the pass against Gibernau looked bad to me.  he pulled right up alongside and bumped Gibenau right.  Gibenau was going straight and Tamada wanted to go outside a bit for a better line.  Looked totally like Tamada's issue there.

My opinion for what its worth.  As they say an opinion and 50 cents will buy you a cup of coffee.

tigerblade

Quotenext year... blackhawk or Mid America. I'll let you sit on my bike and make ringa ding ding noises.  ;)

Hope I don't hole a piston...
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

motomadness

coeff

That's what I remember seeing.
Sete ran into Tamada's side rear.

You don't run the Spanish GP champion hopeful off the track in a series run by the Spanish.  :-X

And the bullshït with Hopkins, a suspension?

Like he's the first guy to take other riders out in the first turn first lap this season, wtf?

MadXX

I watched it from the high front view, couldnt find a top view  on my dvr.  I didn't see Sete move left-right at all at the initiation of contact, only Tamata.

I may be off on this one but it seemed Tamada was jamming himself into positions a lot this race, even more than the Brazil race.  He is really fast but he needs to learn patience and make cleaner passes.  Look at how Rossi passed Hayden and Gibenau, he waited, picked his spot, and made a clean pass.  I think Tamada's methods, though not too far out of line for GP, has the potential for screwing up the championship or hurting one of the front-runners.  MotoGP doesn't want that to happen because of a rookie.