News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

MotoGP is gay (possible spoiler)

Started by TZDeSioux, October 06, 2003, 07:14:56 AM

TZDeSioux

Tamada disqualified for rough riding and Hopkins disqualifed from the next round for taking out three riders in the first corner.  ???

tigerblade

Tamada's move did kinda suck but I'm not sure the penalty was right.  Didn't see the Hopkins incident but he apologized for it.  Being banned for a race is pretty steep.  Is the FIM on some kind of mission to crack down on everything?
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

OmniGLH

This means Hayden took 3rd!  Sweet  ;D
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

MadXX

Tamada was quite pushy up front there going by both Hayden and Gibernau.  He basically thumped both of them to the outside of the corner while braking to get by.  Hayden just recovered better.  He was fine passing the slower guys but was really jamming it in there to get by the fast guys.  He is as fast as the other motogp guys but I think he lacks the gp-level experience and patience it takes to make clean passes up front.  Look at how Rossi came back to 2nd, fast riding and clean passes.  Tamada has to learn that lesson quick or he is going to hurt someone, hence the DQ.

They didnt show the hopkins crash on tv so I didnt get to see that one.  But if you look at his interview, he at least did not blame the other riders for being in his chosen line (run off path) and say they had no business being on the track because they were slower then him.   ;D

How about them Hondas though?

fizzer400

I believe Tamada is the only GP rider on Bridgestones too(but I may be wrong).

Jeff
CCS #419

TZDeSioux

QuoteTamada was quite pushy up front there going by both Hayden and Gibernau.  He basically thumped both of them to the outside of the corner while braking to get by.  Hayden just recovered better.  He was fine passing the slower guys but was really jamming it in there to get by the fast guys.  He is as fast as the other motogp guys but I think he lacks the gp-level experience and patience it takes to make clean passes up front.  Look at how Rossi came back to 2nd, fast riding and clean passes.  Tamada has to learn that lesson quick or he is going to hurt someone, hence the DQ.

They didnt show the hopkins crash on tv so I didnt get to see that one.  But if you look at his interview, he at least did not blame the other riders for being in his chosen line (run off path) and say they had no business being on the track because they were slower then him.   ;D

How about them Hondas though?

Look again... it was a 100% legitimate move. The more experieced GP guys have done alot worse in the past without any consequences. Tamada was a half bike length in front before they entered the brake zone. Bet if Rossi pulled the same move on Gibernau... there would be no DQ and you would've thought that Rossi was god.  ::)

tigerblade

QuoteBet if Rossi pulled the same move on Gibernau... there would be no DQ and you would've thought that Rossi was god.  ::)

Are you trying to deny that Rossi is a motorcycle deity?
Younger Oil Racing

MadXX

QuoteLook again... it was a 100% legitimate move. The more experieced GP guys have done alot worse in the past without any consequences. Tamada was a half bike length in front before they entered the brake zone.

I still have it recorded at home so I'll check it out.  It looked to me like he rubbed past them (contact through the entire the pass) but I could be wrong.   I dont think they would have made a big deal out of it if he just bumped one guy, but it happened on a couple of his passes.  

There are advantages to being a champ instead of a rookie.  For one, you are less likely to become an object lesson for the rest of the field.   :D

TZDeSioux

QuoteAre you trying to deny that Rossi is a motorcycle deity?

everyone knows the only motorcycle deity is Doriano Romboni  ???

tigerblade

Kwak, seriously, you've gotta drop the crack habit.

Younger Oil Racing

TZDeSioux

where did you get that picture of Doriano Romboni wheeling past the checkered flag during the wet race? I hear Rossi tries to look like him from time to time.

tigerblade

What say you let me ride that TZ and try to emulate the Kwak Attack?
Younger Oil Racing