Kim's father.....

Started by Super Dave, October 04, 2003, 09:01:17 AM

Super Dave

Kim Berg-Olson's father died yesterday.  I understand that he had not been well, and she was traveling down to see him.

I'm sure that there will be details that will follow.
Super Dave

Photo_Chick

Our thoughts and prayers are with you Kim...

Nate R

Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

StumpysWife

Our prayers are with you and your family, Kim.  Take care.

Heather & Stumpy

the_weggie_man

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family Kim.  :(

lil_thorny

thoughts and prayers Kim,
Benj.

MightyDuc Racing

Best wishes from all of us Kim. :'(
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

oldguy

Our sincerest condolences, Kim
Doug & Bob

Super_KC124

Sorry to hear that. I was looking forward to seeing Kim at Gateway. :(

KBOlsen

My family and I would like to thank everyone for the good wishes...

Richard Sarkisian, my father and best friend, passed away at 4:30 Saturday afternoon. He was 61 years old.

For the last year, he had really been suffering... end-stage diabetes... kidney failure... heart disease, neuropathy and debilitating knee and shoulder injuries... His vision had failed him... he was never without pain.

Last Saturday night he suffered the first of several small strokes, which were caused by the plaque in his heart and arteries breaking loose and being released into his brain. When I arrived at Jackson General Hospital in Tennessee on Wednesday night, he was semi-conscious and we were able to say our good-byes. My sister, stepmother and I remained at his bedside... he went for dialysis on Friday morning... had another stroke and was taken to the Critical Care unit. He never regained consciousness.

Dad had a living will in place, and he was placed on a respirator just long enough for his sister and sister-in-law to arrive. The breathing machine was taken away... amazingly, he continued holding his own. We spent the night with him in Critical Care... then made the decision to have him transported home, so that he might rest in familiar surroundings. I drove his sister back to the Nashville airport that afternoon, but he passed away about thirty minutes before I got home.

There will be two memorial services - one on Tuesday at the Ridgeway Funeral Home in Paris, TN and one the following week in Chicago. I will be with my sister and her family for the rest of this week, and will be bringing the balance of his remains back to Chicago so that he may be laid to rest with his parents.

He was an exceptional human being... steadfast, principled and loyal to a fault.  He was the most generous person I've ever met.  He moved to Tennessee six years ago, and I swear, he's made friends with the entire town of Paris.  I am lucky and so incredibly grateful for the 38 years I was able to know him and have him in my life.
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

Woofentino Pugrossi

Very sorry Kim. :'( :'( :'(
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

K3 Chris Onwiler

Nice elligy Kim.  They say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.  I guess your Dad was in a great way responsible for the awesome sweet friend that you are to all of us.  Wish I could give you a hug.
Chris
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com