New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Gearing for an 03 R6 & 02 Gix 600

Started by smoke, October 03, 2003, 04:46:23 AM

smoke

Ok. peeps

I'm thinking about next year all ready.

#201 needs to know what gearing he should run on Summit and VIR

I would like to know what gearing I need to run on the same tracks on a 02 Gix 600.

G 97

for your GSXR  A 3.00 15/45 works good for both tracks.  Depending on how well you are going you may go taller at VIR.  
G

rsmith

Smoke,

On my 01 GSXR I went 1 down in the front. You could go 2 teeth up in the back to get a similar ratio I believe. Works well at Summit.  At Summit you run out of front straight before hitting redline and it pulls well through the corners.  
It is ok for VIR but I might try something else next year. At VIR if you get a good drive out of 17 you will grab 6th just before the kink.  You 'll hit the revlimiter as you roll through the kink :o  because you're on the side of the tire but once you pick the bike back up you drop back to around 13K and pull the rest of the straight.  It is a little tight between turn 2, 3a and 3b.  As you exit the turn 1 - 2 combo you scream up to redline just as you get to the first part of 3 (3a - slight left).  I either carried the revlimiter from 3a to 3b or I would short shift into 4th and then back down into 3rd gear right before 3b (sharp left).  I didn't like either of those options so I'm going to try something else for next time.

Hope that helps.

smoke

Thanks Rob and G97

I cant wait until next year!  To follow u ( rob and Brent) and train. When will the 04 Track Day dates be posted?  

Yes I know .....A new bike will not make me faster but following u guys and learning the correct turn in points and markers will.

rsmith

Usually the initial 04 track dates are announced in January and more are added as the year progresses.  Keep an eye on http://www.nesba.com or the bulletin board over there for details.

You know, sometimes a new bike makes you faster not because of the machine but because of the mental factor .  Just the boost in confidence because you are on a "better" bike makes you faster.  :-)