News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Fuel Rules?

Started by Super Dave, October 03, 2003, 04:33:08 AM

Super Dave

The rule was proposed, I believe, by someone in the northeast.  The logic was decent, but the execution doesn't work out.  Admittedly, I don't think Kevin Elliott is "into" fuel rules, he was just going by the information given to him.

Certainly, CCS doesn't make money from it, so I'm not sure why you call CCS a "profiteer" for it.

Would they deny the fuel protest?  You're probably right.

The second part of that is that a rider could actually run a fuel, because they are not testing anything, that is clearly hazzordous, physically, and clearly outside any of the previous rules or any rules that have ever been for gasoline.

Anyone hear of Hydrazine?

I think Nutec has Napthalene in it.  How about that?  

Nitro Methane is clearly out of bounds in any gasoline fuel rule, probably wouldn't help a production bike much anyway, but would that make you dissappointed if the winner of a race was using it?  You'd smell it.  But if no testing were done?

Power Mist makes a product called Nitro Plus.  It has Nitro Methane in it.  I don't use it, but I have, and I have used it in dyno testing.  
Super Dave

Super Dave

QuoteThat's probably true.  Unfortunately, it's probably also THE quickest way that Dave could place a target on his back....

LOL!

Jim, I've carried a target for some time.  Sometimes, I even try to help everyone aim... :o
Super Dave

GAMEDIC

If you were to go by the "rules" and they were enforced not even pump gas would fall under what is in the book

Super Dave

Um, yeah, that's the point of this whole thread.  

That is because the fuel rules that CCS has are so restrictive.

Again, WERA's rules are written differently where pump gas passes.  Additionally, there are many oxygenated leaded fuels that would pass.

However, agents such as Nitromethane, Propylene Oxyide, Coxac would probably be picked up by their rules.  CCS doesn't test, so these items would never be even looked for.  

The rules should reflect the ability of a racer to purchase inexpensive fuel (pump gas) in addition to leaded and unleaded racing fuels that are available to individuals to purchase.  There are reasonable parameters that can address this, but the current rules do not allow pump gas and many common fuels that are used in motorcycle club road racing.
Super Dave