News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Team Challenge Questions

Started by MightyDuc Racing, October 02, 2003, 07:48:22 PM

MightyDuc Racing

Can anybody tell me how the scoring works, and if we need our own scorer and what they would need to do please?  Man, is the anticipation of riding Daytona building or what? :D
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

Super Dave

Transmitters, man.  

Easy, just race, put in gas, change riders.  Get it stopped, get it turned, get on the gas...first on race day.... ;D

You just pay the entry fee.  They should bring printed results to you even during the race.
Super Dave

MightyDuc Racing

Awesome!  And we can put a crew member with a pit board at the exit of the International Horseshoe, right?
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

CCS243

Designated signaling area is at the "kink".  Reminder to crew, no pit bikes outside of paddock.  Its a long walk paddock to kink  ::)

Only real rule for Team Challenge is one rider change.

ninelives59

Hey ducky are you doing the team challenge?
CCS FLORIDA  #6
9LIVESRACING
PIRELLI TIRES
WWR DESIGNS
EXTREME PHOTO'S

MightyDuc Racing

Teamed up with my buddy Butch Verdecchia and his son David on a 748 Ducati in GTU class.  I can't wait!  We always bring bicycles with us as pit bikes, so they can ride those over to the kink.  I hear there are other rules pertaining to pit stops.  Such as __ number of people over the wall...long sleeves on pit crew over the wall...fire extinguisher over the wall each stop, etc.  Anybody know those rules for sure?  Thanks again! :D
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

MudDawg

QuoteTeamed up with my buddy Butch Verdecchia and his son David on a 748 Ducati in GTU class.  I can't wait!  We always bring bicycles with us as pit bikes, so they can ride those over to the kink.  I hear there are other rules pertaining to pit stops.  Such as __ number of people over the wall...long sleeves on pit crew over the wall...fire extinguisher over the wall each stop, etc.  Anybody know those rules for sure?  Thanks again! :D

No bicycles allowed in the track.  In the past its always been motorized non-streeted pitbikes.  XR100, quads, etc.  But if it has a plate it's "supposedly" forbidden.

MightyDuc Racing

No bicycles?  Really?  :o Crap...I don't have any other type of pit bike. :(  Can they drive a vehicle over to the kink and elsewhere to watch when I am racing?  Sorry for the endless dumb questions, but I have never been.  TIA
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

scottg22

QuoteNo bicycles?  Really?  :o Crap...I don't have any other type of pit bike. :(  Can they drive a vehicle over to the kink and elsewhere to watch when I am racing?  Sorry for the endless dumb questions, but I have never been.  TIA

Its a shorter walk to to kink from the pits to you car in the parking area!!  

Each morning when you drive in, you have to park out side the fenced in paddock area.  There are no cars allowed in the pits as it is full of trailers.  

One thing to think of is a way to communicate between your pit crew (on the wall) and the guys running your pit board.  Radio's are helpful so you can let the pit crew know that the rider is pitting etc.

MudDawg

You generally end up parking between the international horseshoe and Lake Lloyd in the grass.  You can move your vehicle around...but getting it into the pits is usually a hassle.  Now that being said...the past few years the pit area hasn't been too badly filled.  Walking in carrying gas, food, drinks, spares, etc....really sucks.  I'd recommend getting one of those fold-up carts.  It's worth it if only for Daytona.

MightyDuc Racing

I have a set of two way radios we'll be using, and maybe I can borrow a cart of some sort.
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

Frank_Angel

QuoteI hear there are other rules pertaining to pit stops.  Such as __ number of people over the wall...long sleeves on pit crew over the wall...fire extinguisher over the wall each stop, etc.  Anybody know those rules for sure?  Thanks again! :D

It's all clearly specified in Section 11 of the rule book.