News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

two bikes for racing?

Started by gerry, October 01, 2003, 06:52:24 PM

Mark Bernard

QuoteDoes a Buell count as one or two....? ;D
Two...definatley two! Weighs almost as much as two bikes! It's one heavy son of a bitch! But thats half the challenge!  ;D
Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region

Super Dave

QuoteHey Gerry, run what you can afford to run.

Interesting statement.

Even if you could afford running two or three, as a newer racer, do you have the physical, emotional, and mental capacity to do it?

Racing is complicated enough that I find that most people make it too hard through a lot of unneeded variables.  Keeping things simple so that you can take the bits of information in and use them, process them, and make changes to go faster while riding safer (they do go together).  

One should strive to spend the least amount possible with the safest bike that one can create.  A racers budget rises to meet the level on money, and credit, that they can muster.  But that won't make you the fastest on the track.  Set up will, even with a stock shock with correct geometry, etc.
Super Dave

Litespeed

I would say stick to racing one but I would also recommend practicing/track days on both.  I switch between an RC51 and a TZ125 currently and it seems that you learn different things on each and once you put it all together you become better on both.  This works for me but may not work for everyone.

gerry

I think i'll save the 954 for mostly track days.  I might bring it to the track days on the tracks i race along with the sv just for comparisons sake.

Neither of the bikes will be road bikes because i've quit street riding, thats why i want to get some use out of the 954.