News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Peanut

Started by smoke, October 01, 2003, 05:23:32 PM

smoke

What happend at the start of the race at VIR?

xlr8tn

smoke

it was either 1,7, or the last one of the day. As I was in the back of the grid and saw his bike ver to the side from the start.

Peanut

I got hit from behind in the sportbike race and almost ran into the armco on the right.  The impact loosened the cable on my battery and I lost power in turn 4 and my race was done.

My friends watching said neither one of us is to blame really, we just came together. Lucky we both stayed up.

I'm sure my shi**y starts didn't help matters, it's my biggest problem and I've got to learn to launch a bike over the winter.  It's gotten to the point of being the running joke, :-[ :-/ and spotting those guys time off the start evey race hurt me everytime out.

Brent will tell you how bad, he's seen it a bunch of times...lol.

Peanut

Why am I awake @ 2am??  I just can't stop thinking about racing!!   :o Man it's driving me crazy!!!  Ok, sorry I'm going to bed now....lol.

smoke

You, Donny, and Hector were all close in the points. I hope it did not hurt u.  I thought I had a bad weekend but Hector had me beat !  As long as the three of you, and Brent, Ryan, Kyle all go EX next year I'll be  ;D!!!

r6_philly

so if I sandbag u don't have a problem with it?  ;D

smoke

I would not be mad or hurt but I know u will not stay back in AM next year.  I did get sick of that pony tail smacking me  ( LOL) as u would lap me on lap 6 @ summit.  That thing hurts man. ;D

GregR6

Better bring an 03 (or 04) to the grid Dafan if you're staying back.  ;)

04's my year if I don't repeat last weekend too much.  :-/

rsmith

Greg,  I guess you aren't the superstitous type.  ;)  

If you are you better go bang your head against some wood a couple dozen times!!!   :o

GregR6

No worries Rob.  ;D I realize this @#$% is gonna happen, but wow... I really broke my cherry right, eh?
LOL

My race buddies "made me feel better" though by crashing too. Otherwise I was almost already 2nd guessing myself in this sport. Gladly, everyone's alright, and next year... well. Next year will be next year. But it will definitely be interesting.  :)

CCS243

Quoteso if I sandbag u don't have a problem with it?  ;D

You want to spend another year with yellow plates in T-4 at Summit  :o  :'(  >:(

xlr8tn

QuoteWhy am I awake @ 2am??  I just can't stop thinking about racing!!   :o Man it's driving me crazy!!!  Ok, sorry I'm going to bed now....lol.

No kidding...At work all day...thinking about the entire season and the woulda coulda shoulda's.  I feel I learned a lot this year, and definitly picked up the pace at Summit Point after following you around earlier in the season.  As far as launches go, did you see the one I really got out ahead in?  :o  HWSB, two-wave, and must of imagined the flag waiving.  Anyway, came in for the black flag and made it out losing only a few spots.  A way to get better on starts is to take your bike to a drag strip.  I just need to work on staying in front of you following starts next year.   ;)

-brent

r6_philly

QuoteYou want to spend another year with yellow plates in T-4 at Summit  :o  :'(  >:(

would it matter what color my plate is if I am in T-4?  :P

03/04 may be nice, but if others can run 1:16's on a 99 R6, I am going to aim for that too. No garantee I Am going to be on that thing, but I am going to ride fast and well nonetheless.

No yellow plate for me next year, or ever again... I just didn't want to be left out of the sandbaggin' conversation art  ;D ;) :P 8)

smoke

QuoteNo kidding...At work all day...thinking about the entire season and the woulda coulda shoulda's.  I feel I learned a lot this year, and definitly picked up the pace at Summit Point after following you around earlier in the season.  As far as launches go, did you see the one I really got out ahead in?  :o  HWSB, two-wave, and must of imagined the flag waiving.  Anyway, came in for the black flag and made it out losing only a few spots.  A way to get better on starts is to take your bike to a drag strip.  I just need to work on staying in front of you following starts next year.   ;)

-brent

Brent
 My wife took a great pic of u next to Danny # 201 while waiting for a regrid at VIR. I'll send it to u this weekend.

xlr8tn

Cool.  I look for it!
thanks,
brent