News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Ice Racing Anyone?

Started by StumpysWife, October 01, 2003, 08:23:44 AM

MadXX

and me finding a KX250 for sale cheap the other day... and I have been looking for something to play in the dirt with as well.

It must be an omen.  ;D

the_weggie_man

Playing is the most fun but for those that need the competition check out Sunset Tavern on Lake Koshkonong (Ft. Atkinson, WI).

They are looking at running oval track every Saturday night  and roadcourse every Sunday in Jan. and Feb. The roadcourse layout will change every week.

Sunset Tavern 902-563-5702.

GSXR RACER MIKE

QuotePlaying is the most fun but for those that need the competition check out Sunset Tavern on Lake Koshkonong (Ft. Atkinson, WI).

They are looking at running oval track every Saturday night  and roadcourse every Sunday in Jan. and Feb. The roadcourse layout will change every week.

Sunset Tavern 902-563-5702.

I have been to that location to watch (and video tape) a coworker ice racing there, it's fun to spectate even. He keeps trying to talk me into trying it, but I dont have a dirt bike and don't want to spend the cash right now. Maybe I will borrow one of his and give it a try this winter! ;D
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

andy342

If anyone needs an ice racer I have one.  I won't need it for a year after I move to florida...

Honda Ft500 Ascot.  Beats my friend's yz250 in a straight line.   It's a lot less 'twitchy' than a dirt bike also.

Got dirt tires/rims for it also.  And it falls very well...   ;D

MadXX

and how much would one of those be worth?  :D

andy342

bump---

I have my Ascot in the classifieds...  need the money...

KBOlsen

I want to try ice racing.  Unfortunately, when I suggested it to John, he threatened to move to Florida without me. :-/

No sense of adventure, that one! ;)

I guess I'll have to find a way to do it myself. :D
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

Super Dave

Don't worry about the "racing" part, Kim.  It's mostly about hard play time.  Keep in touch with me.  I usually ride down on Delavan Lake with the Stiles' family and the guys from Sportsmans' Park, my wonderful dealer sponsor.

I'd bet we could work something out to get you to try it.  

It's addictive.  We all ride on TTR125's, TTR90's, etc...
Super Dave

andy342

Why not stud up the TL?

A guy in my area runs an R1 on the ice.  I've heard about him a lot but never seen him personally.

KBOlsen

LOL, Andy!!  You don't know John - the poor TL can't even come out of the trailer without being under his watchful eye... he's kinda quirky that way.

I'm on my own with this new "adventure". 8) :D
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

K3 Chris Onwiler

I've got a blown up YZ80 in my garage.  If I fixed it, could I race it?  Would it be a decent bike for such an adventure?
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Super Dave

They do work.  But, they are kind of harder to ride.  You won't have a race with a TTR cause you've probably got 20HP to a TTR's 10.  In a straight line it will be gone.  Won't keep up with a bigger bike because the ground clearance won't be there.  

You lay the bike over enough that the pegs fold up....even on big bikes like CR250's, etc.
Super Dave