Ice Racing Anyone?

Started by StumpysWife, October 01, 2003, 08:23:44 AM

StumpysWife

Well here we are at October 1 and we have about an inch of snow/ice on the ground here in Marquette.  I have a feeling the fiddys are coming out tonight for a slip 'n' slide around the block a few times....6 more months 'til Blackhawk!!!

Ahhh the tropical U.P....all this weather is good for is the hot tub outside....

Heather

MightyDuc Racing

It's all the way down in the mid 80's here in Florida...brrrrrr. ;D
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

Dawn

20's tonight for us...

I have to remember to turn the heat on in the motor home so the pipes don't freeze.  

Dawn   :)

EM JAY

I talked a bit with Super Dave about Ice Racing....according to him even tho I hate cold weather with a passion I would still enjoy it....Hmmmm  might have to try it this year!
Michael Jordan
           CCS EX #??   ASRA #??
   01 SV Midwest
  Thanks to Expert Racing Ltd. in Chicago and Madness Custom Choppers of Fox Lake

Mongrel

It's going to be 105 today, and was 106 for the races this last weekend here in Phoenix.  Only Ice racing I do is when I get an Ice Cube dropped into my leathers.  ;D

Mark Bernard

QuoteIt's all the way down in the mid 80's here in Florida...brrrrrr. ;D
Florida sissy...! lol ;D
Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region

Super Dave

Sorry, racing on the ice is better than road racing in the winter....

The cost of tires alone makes it worth it.... 8)
Super Dave

MadXX

out of curiosity what are the costs involved with ice racing?  My wife did tell me I need a winter hobby. ;D

StumpysWife

There's an ice racing series about 45 minutes from us in Gladstone, Michigan that we're going to check out this winter.  

Heather
(slipped on the ice today and busted her butt!!!  Owww)

Super Dave

Who cares about the racing.  Just get a bike to play with.

Expendatures?  Get all of you winter cloths and wear them.

Get a bike, or find someone that will let you borrow one.  Good ice screws.  You can go further, but I like to keep it easy and simple.  It's just play time.

Jesse!  Are you going to have the CRF for the ice?
Super Dave

MadXX

what type of bike is good for the ice?  I imagine something that falls well and is cheap ...

Super Dave

Cheap is good.

I think they all fall pretty good.  No fairings like road racing.

What to use?  Depends who you're riding with.  

I'd like a TTR125 so that I can play with all the people with TTR's and XR's.  But if you've got friends that have CRF450's, CR250's, the TTR isn't going to cut it.

Cost...that comes into play.
Super Dave