News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Team Hammer ROC practice

Started by Peanut, October 01, 2003, 05:24:41 AM

Peanut

Do I need to pregister for the Team Hammer practice on the 15th, does it fill up?

Thanks.

wizard

David_Swarts

Pre-registration is not required, but it saves you a lot of time and some money.

The tentative plan is to hold a short registration session Tuesday night, October 14, like we did in the spring. Main registration will be Wednesday morning, October 15, at the crack of dawn.

Location is the same building as CCS registration, across the street from the speedway. Hours are to be determined. Call 909-245-6414 or go to www.teamhammer.com.

If there is demand for it, I will answer questions regarding the Team Hammer school here.

Gumby647

Will you be riding your Buell? I'd love the chance to ride with a national champion such as yourself. ;D

TiffineyIngram

Registration has moved it will be across International Speedway Blvd at Internaional Speedway Corp office complex. (this is location mentioned in Daytona mailer. Check your pre entry confirmation for a map.)

wizard

so im registered for the school if i check in tuesday will i be able to enter the track and position my trailer. and/or if weds am will we be able to enter earlier than non hammer riders since we register earlier???

CCS243

Track entry will not be until Wednesday AM.  Team Hammer participants are staged on the truck pad, outside of the paddock area, until non garage CCS entries are allowed into the paddock.  Be prepared to shuffle into the paddock around the noon hour, if you have been to CCS registration.

Typically we can get the big rigs and garage pass holders who have been through registration, into the paddock prior to the start of Team Hammer practice, then have to wait until noon for the next cycle and then a final land rush when Team Hammer practice ends.

Team Hammer registration opens at 7AM Wednesday, CCS at 8AM.  Tuesday 4PM registration is for T.O.P. members and crew only.

David_Swarts

Gumby,
Unfortunately, no.  :'(Paul won't get there with the Buell until Thursday morning. I'll have to settle with riding something else if I get the time in the afternoon.

Hi Tiffiney,
Thanks for the heads up that registration moved.  :-[Would you FAX us one of those maps ASAP?

Wizard,

I can't give you exact details of entry place, time, etc. That is all determined in meetings immediately before the event. I can say with a high level of certainty that if you intend to practice Wednesday, your morning will go much smoother if you pre-register for the Team Hammer practice and come sign in Tuesday evening. ;)

Art,

For the last couple of Daytonas we have started registration earlier than 7:00 a.m. Wednesday morning. So stay tuned.

Everyone,

What I'm trying to accomplish by being here is to strongly encourage Team Hammer participants to pre-registration and to sign in Tuesday evening to save everyone that mad rush Wednesday morning. I do not for the life of me know how race officials handle it week in and week out :(

Okay, back to working on my acceptance speech ;D

David Swarts
FUSA #140
2003 FUSA GT Lights Team Challenge National Champions