News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Daytona Layout?

Started by EM JAY, September 30, 2003, 04:06:19 PM

EM JAY

What can I expect as far as the layout of Daytona?  From what I hear it's pretty much a HP track?   :o  

Anyone know where I can get an orange triangle for the back of my bike?   ;D ;D ;D
Michael Jordan
           CCS EX #??   ASRA #??
   01 SV Midwest
  Thanks to Expert Racing Ltd. in Chicago and Madness Custom Choppers of Fox Lake

Dawn

Fleet Farm (or Farm & Fleet depending on where you live) has these signs available.  They are located in the farm department.  You will have your choice of metal, plastic and sometimes even adhesive ones.

Dawn   ;)

Dawn

Here's the track map I found on line....

Yeah, I would say that this is a horsepower track.

Dawn   :)

EM JAY

:o :o :oOH MOMMA :o :o :o
Michael Jordan
           CCS EX #??   ASRA #??
   01 SV Midwest
  Thanks to Expert Racing Ltd. in Chicago and Madness Custom Choppers of Fox Lake

MZGirl

Yeah, but keep in mind it won't be that bad in Super Singles.  All MZ's and maybe a few motards.  Once off the line, I'm planning on keeping it in 5th gear the whole time.   ;)

Super_KC124

Why would you determine a National Championship at a track like that?  ::)

MightyDuc Racing

Because most people can only dream of racing there, and it's one of the most recognized tracks in the world.  Maybe a few reasons to consider. ;)
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

james-redsv

Im with KC_124 on this one. Daytona is the stupidest place to test rider skill. As far as everyone dreams to race there mightykook, everyone hates racing at Daytona because its very dangerous and the guys who have the most HP win, period. Its the most recognized track in the world because so many people have been seriously hurt or killed there, yea theres some history there when they raced in the sand. I say CCS should rotate the tracks every year for the ROC. One year at VIR, the next at Barber, then to west coast for Willow etc. Now that would be a challenge for the best riders in the US.

mtw

james-redsv

Of course im serious, im seriously trying to get a rise out of mightykook just like everyone else.

PJ

It's too bad the new chicane, while arguably safer, made the track even less technical...

Paul James
AMA Pro XR1200 #70
www.facebook.com/jamesgangracing
www.twitter.com/jamesgangracing

WebCrush

I haven't even been there yet and I agree that Daytona has got to be a stupid track to race.

Then again, I am pretty confident that my bike easily has massively more HP that other MW bik so I'm kinda looking forward to it.

Now i just gotta grow some big brass to use it all. :D