Can anybody help explain some stuff?

Started by MightyDuc Racing, July 15, 2002, 07:56:29 PM

MightyDuc Racing

I was just curious as to the difference in the classes in Florida CCS.  I went to the Homestead races last month and was trying to figure out what the difference was between the morning and afternoon races.  They were all the same amount of laps (6), but they had different classifications.  Can anybody tell me why?  I am looking forward to watching again this Sunday at Moroso if I can get off work  ???.  If anybody on here will be racing there, give numbers so I can cheer extra hard for you.  I close on my new house next week, should have all of the furniture bought by the middle of August, and that will complete all of the wife's prerequisites to me going racing.  I just hope I have a little money left to buy a bike and all the gear...lol.  I am still open to opinions on which bike to buy in the $2000-$3500 range.  I want to have the chance to be competitive as I get better, but not break the bank on a bike I am pretty sure I'll wind up tearing up while I'm learning.  Any info will be appreciated.  Good luck everybody and be safe out there!
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

Leon_Eddins

Great to see someone pays attention! Henry runs the whole show in one day,(thats 20 races)and all of the races are the same length. I think that it is a great way to do alot of racing without the added cost of hotels for more nights. Cost is very  important to the low budget racer. If you need a starter bike I got what you need,E-mail me for details.leocat@attbi.com ;)

Dave_Alexander

In Florida they practice on Saturday and run all the races on Sunday.  To accomplish that they shorten up the GT races.  The GT races (GTU, GTO, and GT Lights) are supposed to be timed endurance races.  In other regions they last 30 minutes each.  Due to time contraints of running everything in one day they run the GT's as sprint races instead.