News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Congratulations...

Started by EX#996, September 29, 2003, 08:57:16 AM

EX#996

First let me say congratulations to:

Craig Schock for winning the Great Lakes amatuer Thunderbike Championship.

Chris Onwiler for winning the Great Lakes Formula 40 Championship.

Paul.....

As you all know, Paul likes the rain.  Race director Bill at the rider's meeting asked if we should cut the number of laps from 8 to 5 since is was so cold, crappy and rainy.  Needless to say all but 5 racers agreed.  

The first race for Paul was LWSS.  By turn 3, Paul was in the lead, even in front of the experts.  I'm up in the tower going just nuts because...  "Paul - you really don't need to go that fast."   :o  Well fortunately when it was all said and done, Paul crossed the finish line first.  A full 23.4 seconds ahead of the second place rider, Don Cook.  Ed Key, being the good sport that he is, even signed Paul's first place placque because this is probably on of the only times that Paul will actually finish in front of him.  With this win, Paul won the Great Lakes LWSS amatuer championship.

The second race was Thunderbike.  Once again, Paul was in the lead on the first lap and lead the entire race and won by a considerable margin (I didn't check this time).  However, Craig has more points than Paul in this region so the championship when to him (good job, Craig).  Paul did however earn more points in the MW region over Craig.  The MW championship will be decided at Gateway.

The last race was LWSB.  Raining again.  All Paul had to do is to finish in front of Jeremy Bentz to win the GL LWSB championship.  By lap one, it was all Jessie Janish and Paul - WAY - out in front of the field.  Jeremy Bentz expierenced a mechanical and left the race.  Paul didn't know this and was still pushing hard.  I was trying to tell him on the pit wall to slow down....  Well, he either didn't listen to me, or he just didn't see me.  Lap 3, turn 2,  oops!  down he goes (fortunately just a low side).  He pops back up again, the bike and Paul covered in sand and grass.  By this time, he is in last place.  He was able to work his way up to 5th and with this finish, he won the Great Lakes LWSB amatuer championship.

The coolest thing about Paul's low side in two.....

...  other than a bent brake lever and a few sand scratches in the paint.  You can't even tell that the bike was down. (We also discovered upon closer inspection today that Paul's rains are shot.  I suppose 3 practices and 9 races will do that.)

Thanks to everyone who was there and to those who weren't, thanks for your help and support.

Dawn   :)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

Mark Bernard

Way to go!!! Nice job Paul! (Glad your going expert next year!) lol! But seriousley...Craig,Cris,Paul! Great job to all! See you all at Gateway? Mark 8)
Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region

EX#996

QuoteWay to go!!! Nice job Paul! (Glad your going expert next year!) lol! But seriousley...Craig,Cris,Paul! Great job to all! See you all at Gateway? Mark 8)

As far as I know we should all be there.

Paul and Dawn Buxton

tshort

Congrats, Paul, on the regional wins, and nice job in the wet this weekend.
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

Mark Bernard

QuoteAs far as I know we should all be there.

Good deal. I will see you Sat. (wearing my race face >:() lol
Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region

K3 Chris Onwiler

Now if only the points page reflected our champion status... ::)
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

KBOlsen

CONGRATULATIONS and HUGE HUGS to ALL of ya!!!!!

See you soon!
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

stumpy

Way to go Guys! Glad to hear you guys had a great weekend. I was busy planting petunias and re-arranging my sock drawer again, I had more important things to do than race... ???I already miss it BAD. Well better go pull the petunias it's supposed to snow tommarrow night :oOh better get the water out of the bike too. Later, StUmPy
Greg "Stumpy" Steltenpohl
www.teamstumpyracing.com

Xian_13

Gratz To Paul...
And K3 (he deserves something for the year he has had)
Gratz to Graig also.. though I don't know him...
CCS/ASRA Midwest #140
Secondary Highway & Swift Molly's Motor Circus
facebook.com/SwiftMolly
Michelin • STT

StumpysWife

Awesome job guys!  K3--you are a champ in so many more ways than in points! My goodness, I'm so happy for you!!!

Paul, You are a maniac--very nice job!

Craig--Granpa's a champ--what a sweet way to end the year!  Give that baby a kiss for me.

I'm so happy for all of you! They truely are a good group of guys.

Sniff, sniff, I'm not missing racing at all, sniff, sniff... :'(

Heather

MightyDuc Racing

MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

roadracer797

Thanks everyone, I just did what I had to do to win this weekend.
Heather
The best part was having Heath wave the checkered flag as I finished, and I'm not done racing yet still have to go to Gateway and see if i can get a few more.
Oh yea I won the Ultra lightweight Championship also but that is no big deal except to my Mom who wanted me to do it just for her and I have done it in all three regions.
Craig (Granpa)