News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Gateway Layout?

Started by KBOlsen, September 27, 2003, 11:36:58 AM

KBOlsen

Does anybody have a map of the Gateway course layout?  I tried their website but it was not at all helpful.

If you do, and would E-mail or fax it to me, I'd be most grateful.

kim@twilightracing.net
(847) 236-5453 (fax)

Thanks, ya'all!!!
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

Thingy

Yo KB.  You have mail.  The track is run counter-clockwise.  It is a pretty fun track with the exception of the infamous chicane.  It blows and is dangerous.  I was bitten by it once...
-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Tuck your skirt in your panties and twist the throttle!

KBOlsen

Awesome!!!!   Thanks, Bill!!!  8)
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

Mark Bernard

QuoteYo KB.  You have mail.  The track is run counter-clockwise.  It is a pretty fun track with the exception of the infamous chicane.  It blows and is dangerous.  I was bitten by it once...
Can I have a copy too?
Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region

Woofentino Pugrossi

Kim just follow me around. SHould be easy since you'll be behind me all day. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Gotta start the smack talkin'. ;D ;D ;D
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

r1owner

Here you go.

BTW, you take the NASCRAP entrance to the pits instead of going all the way around turns 3&4, then there is the infamous chicane that transistions you from the pit entrance back onto the front straight.

Last race, they said no passing in the chicane.

Jeff

be FOREWARNED...  Turn 4 (I think), on the above map in the "yellow infield parking" section.  That right hander is the FIRST right turn you will hit after a whole lot of left hand turns...

Be CAREFUL, it bites everyone!  Cold tires, new tires, etc.  People don't realize that this is the first right turn, and they go down constantly...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Ohfugit

Hi,
Newbie question on your turn 4 comment or maybe tires in general.
Is this a problem just because the tires wouldn't be scrubbed on the right side yet at the beginning of your session? .. .you don't treat the tires as heating up  kind of all over uniformly as all the air inside them gets warmer?

also would this be an issue just in the beginning or thorughout  your session as well ?

Thanks
"D"

Quotebe FOREWARNED...  Turn 4 (I think), on the above map in the "yellow infield parking" section.  That right hander is the FIRST right turn you will hit after a whole lot of left hand turns...

Be CAREFUL, it bites everyone!  Cold tires, new tires, etc.  People don't realize that this is the first right turn, and they go down constantly...

Mark Bernard

Quotebe FOREWARNED...  Turn 4 (I think), on the above map in the "yellow infield parking" section.  That right hander is the FIRST right turn you will hit after a whole lot of left hand turns...

Thanks for the heads up Jeff. It's my first time at Gateway so I'm gonna take it easy. Mark ;)
Mark (Bernie) Bernard

EX#996

QuoteThanks for the heads up Jeff. It's my first time at Gateway so I'm gonna take it easy. Mark ;)

You could talk with Paul and perhaps follow him in practice.  You just can't pass him in Thunderbike though.   ;D

Dawn   ;)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

Mark Bernard

QuoteYou could talk with Paul and perhaps follow him in practice.  You just can't pass him in Thunderbike though.   ;D

Dawn   ;)
Um.... no passing huh? I think I can live with that! lol But yes. I will talk to Paul, what group does he usually go out in? Group 4?
Mark (Bernie) Bernard

Jeff

Quotealso would this be an issue just in the beginning or thorughout  your session as well ?

It's typically a problem in the morning, in practices and during the warm-up lap and/or 1st lap of the race, not continuing the whole session/race.

If you have your tires scrubbed in, and use tire warmers you will not have a problem.  However, new tires need extra attention on this particular corner.

Once the tire gets warm, the difference from side-to-side is only slight, but if you're expecting the monster grip you've just enjoyed for the last mile's worth of left hand turns, you could end up surprised.
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest