Anybody see Dan Rather?

Started by Baltobuell, September 25, 2003, 04:33:50 PM

Baltobuell

That wasn't good. It'll just give em a reason to pass laws againt sportbikes.

Super Dave

No, I didn't.

Would it help if we did burn outs in front of his house in my Mercury Sable?  I promise to wear my Mercury owner signature blue socks and plaid sport coat.
Super Dave

Baltobuell

Maybe, It was a segment on sportbike deaths and groups like the Starboyz on the street. Lots of film of wheelies on the interstate and other lunacy. On the National news, it suggests something should be done.

Woofentino Pugrossi

QuoteMaybe, It was a segment on sportbike deaths and groups like the Starboyz on the street. Lots of film of wheelies on the interstate and other lunacy. On the National news, it suggests something should be done.

Probably will. Look at the number of insurance companies that are not writing them anymore. I see tiered motorcycle licensing nationwide in the near future (and I support that).
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Burt Munro

Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

Super Dave

And why should they be accessable?

If we're talking about stunta's...  It's dangerous.  If they were using Gold Wings, would they outlaw them too?  I think XSBA and all that stuff should just stop.  It's only hurting the image of law abiding motorcyclists.
Super Dave

badmonkey

It's all a crock of sh*t, they don't want to be on a track cause no one will see them. Ever here of a drag strip? These toolboxes could get there rocks off there in a controlled environment but choose not to cause it's not cool.
Do you want to touch my Monkey?

Super Dave

I think you're hitting it on the head.  

You could go to some warehouse area and fall down all you want and know one would know, and I wouldn't have to care if they bled to death...at least they won't take out a church group or a family of three going on vacation.
Super Dave

1fastmofo

Crap,

Can someone give a quick little synopsis of what happened?  ??? That link won't play on my computer for some reason.

Thanks,
Ray

tigerblade

I just wish the stuntas were using some other type of bike.  They don't need a bike that can turn.   :-/  
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

dwilson

It wouldn't play on my computer either but a co-worker who saw it was ranting about it earlier...  What ever happened to "You meet the nicest people on a Honda"?  It used to be "What's the difference between a vacuum cleaner and a Harley?  Where you put the dirt bag".  Now it's the opposite.  With the new 400 horsepower cars coming out, maybe in  few years the fad will shift back to cars and I'll be able to afford a newer bike  8)

diesel748

alot of the stunna's don't even ride on the street anymore. I am freinds with several of the top riders in the country and they trailer the bike to a location that is A private property or B no traffic the people on the road stunt'n are definately killing sportbikes.
They have as much right to do what they love as we do racing. If wheelies are so bad why so we love to see them at the end of a race or why are they on almost every CBR or R6 comercial.
By the way I don't stunt and my wheelies are garbage.

badmonkey

We don't race in the street. :P :P
Do you want to touch my Monkey?

Super_KC124

What a waist of air time! They didn't offer 1 suggestion of what should be done. :-X

MadXX

that wasn't their goal.  The purpose of the nightly news is to sensationalize events, freak people out, and to remind people to 'think of the childern'.  All in the name of ratings.  Resonable coverage isnt even an option, much less reasonlable solutions.  

Thats why I get all my news from the internet.  Now there's a source you can trust  ;D

Super_KC124

Quotethat wasn't their goal.  The purpose of the nightly news is to sensationalize events, freak people out, and to remind people to 'think of the childern'.  All in the name of ratings.  Resonable coverage isnt even an option, much less reasonlable solutions.  

Well put, MadXX

Woofentino Pugrossi

Quotealot of the stunna's don't even ride on the street anymore. I am freinds with several of the top riders in the country and they trailer the bike to a location that is A private property or B no traffic the people on the road stunt'n are definately killing sportbikes.

Personally I have no problem with it IF they did it on private property. But they dont here. They now are finally going out in teh boondocks to do it, but the damage here in Janesville is already done. I'm constantly followed by cops because I ride a sportbike. I could be doing 26 in a 25 with a cop behind me and some Ricky-Ricer flys by me doing 45 with the fart can buzzing and the cop will stay RIGHT BEHIND ME! >:( Then they wonder why a bunch of us get pissed at them.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141

Fast4fun

Motorcyclists, like any sub group of society, is represented by all types. Stunta's, racers, squids, HOGS, corporate exec's on Beemers, etc... and for now the attention is focused on those crazy stunta's. It will pass. We just hope that some knee jerk politician doesn't outlaw motorcycles because they're dangerous in his mind. Statistically speaking, the most dangerous thing a person aged 15-45 can do is get into their car. My point is, although you can't ignore current events, you need to look past other peoples ignorance. Any cop that follows you because of your style of bike is profiling, and our news outlets were good at pointing out the faults in that reasoning recently. Besides, if your getting all your information from the major TV and print medias then your missing most of what happens in the world. But I digress. Ride safe and have fun.
CCS Mid West EX #675
Tri 675

Woofentino Pugrossi

QuoteAny cop that follows you because of your style of bike is profiling,

Well with what some jackweed did last year, I kinda expected it. Some tool on a R1 pulled up next to a cop, blew his horn to get teh cops attention. Flipped off said cop and wheelied away. Janesville has a no pursuit policy towards bikes and the kids know it. But this tool left the city limits only to have the sherrifs dept chase him at over 100. What I laughed at was the tool couldnt shake a Crown Vic in the twisties. They blocked the road with 2 squads and when teh tool tried to do a u turn, the cop that was chasing jumped out of the squad and TACKLED the tool off the bike. Punk had about 5 BIG tickets and a nice pair of chromed braclets and orange jump suit. Personally I think he got off light. I think the DA dropped the felony charges too. >:( Must be nice to have rich parents to get him off of teh big charges. >:( ::)

This has been going on here for 3 yrs now. Cops used to stop and talk with us for a bit when we were parked waiting for friends to go ride with, but now we get kicked out and threatened with tresspassing tickets even while getting gas.

Sorry for venting. This cr@p really pisses me off.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141

TreyBone

I think they should all do wheelies and stoppies all the time. On busy streets, main highways, and of course interstates. I hope more of them get into this thrill called street racing, from point A to point B in the fasted time. That way more stupid people die. This is god's way of thinning out the gene pool.

If you are that stupid, then you bring it on yourself. I could care less what they do. We all know they cant ride a lick if they get on the race track. It's best the mame themselves on the street like the dummies they are. >:(

TreyBone

Heck, if they all kill themselves then the problem would be solved.  right?

THE_D.O.C.

i am a big fan of darwinism. too bad they don't have a squidmeter at birth. then, we could just drown them and save the country a lot of $$$.

TreyBone

Damn, everyone must be tired from racing all weekend, because i would have sworn there would be a whole lot of opinions on this subject.  :-/

I guess everyone saw that DOC and myself were in on this thread and decided to wuss out ;D

K3 Chris Onwiler

I support squids and their right to ride.  Also, their right to total bikes which I will later happily race for pennies on the dollar. ;)
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com