New Visionsports' stuff?

Started by Super Dave, September 25, 2003, 09:08:38 AM

Super Dave

Bada Bing!

Knowledge from the master.

Jim, we love you!

You're gonna take care of the "boy" at Daytona, I understand.  I think they have a good supply of stuff, but is there anything that they might need from my bike to take down?  Trying to get them just to take all my wheels so that they just have too many.  Who knows, might need a rotor, etc.
Super Dave

G 97

Jim, I agree.  The motorcycle culture in this country is a limited one.  Then drill down to sportbikes/performance bikes and the group gets smaller.  Then drill down again to racers and track enthusiast and we are truly working with a tiny demographic.  We do all need to work together in order to grow our sport.  

No need to get into details and specific other than to say that I have previously stated that I would never restrict anyone from NESBA as long as the abide by and conform to our processes and procedures.  We do have SOP's in place.  However, I was never afforded the opportunity.  

Believe me I have tried to work several things out with regard to this.  I realize NESBA is not for everyone because we are structured and controlled.  We do strictly enforce rules.  It is a concept and attitude that the individual rider has to buy into.  Those riders that do not understand this are generally disappointed.

G

lfg929

Didn't get out this weekend. Family stuff intervened (birthday for one of my kids). Next weekend should be full of riding though. The weather is looking good with lower 70's for temps. Should provide a good opportunity to continue working on things. Deals Gap has a *lot* of turns back to back and the slower street pace should provide a good atmosphere to practice getting smooth with "the dance". Hopefully after riding for 2 days doing that it will just become 2nd nature and next year I can work on some other things with you. I am definitely budgeting some cash for another day of instruction.

Super Dave

Just keep me posted on what you're doing, Larry.

How's the search for the new bike?  Did you break it to the family yet? ;D
Super Dave

tigerblade

QuoteDidn't get out this weekend. Family stuff intervened (birthday for one of my kids). Next weekend should be full of riding though. The weather is looking good with lower 70's for temps. Should provide a good opportunity to continue working on things. Deals Gap has a *lot* of turns back to back and the slower street pace should provide a good atmosphere to practice getting smooth with "the dance". Hopefully after riding for 2 days doing that it will just become 2nd nature and next year I can work on some other things with you. I am definitely budgeting some cash for another day of instruction.

The two main problems with Deal's Gap are logging trucks and serious lack of cornerworkers.   ;)

Have a good time!
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

Super Dave

AAAAAH, street riding just scares me.  

Give me my '90 Sable, my blue socks, and my plaid sport coat...l ;)
Super Dave

Mark Bernard

QuoteAAAAAH, street riding just scares me.  

Give me my '90 Sable, my blue socks, and my plaid sport coat...l ;)
Dont forget the "beenie cap"...!  ;D
Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region

tigerblade

QuoteAAAAAH, street riding just scares me.  

It's okay, don't be skeered.
Younger Oil Racing

lfg929

Eh, Deals Gap isn't so bad. It can be if you like to push it too hard. I have been going for the past 7 years now (already went this past May). I tend to ride it at a brisk pace but leave myself lots of cusion for mistakes, cars in my lane, and the notorious semis that *think* it is a short cut.

The new race bike is old news to the family. My wife was actually the one who convinced me to keep the 929 for this year since I was so used to it. She figured it would be one less thing I would have to worry about while out on the track figuring this racing stuff out. But she has known all year that at the end of the season the 929 is gone. I just have to start moving on getting it sold so I can pick up "the new bike" (whatever that turns out to be) and start working on it.

I do think it is funny, however, that as time goes on my wife is more and more comfortable with me doing track days and racing and less comfortable with me riding on the street. When I first started riding at the track it was the exact opposite.

K3 Chris Onwiler

Speaking of Deals Gap. have you tried the Cherahola Skyway?  It's right down the road, and a very cool ride as well.  About an hour and a half further down is Two Wheels Only campground in Suches Georgia.  That is a great place to stay.  Wolf Pen Gap is the road that leads from HWY 129 to the campground, and it's a blast as well.  We used to do a day trip from TWO out and around through Ducktown to the Cherahola, and then over to Deals Gap.  Then we'd head back on assorted other twisties.  The route made somewhat of a diamond shape on the map, but it's been 10 years, so I don't remember it exactly.  Racing got me off the street...
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

tigerblade

Cherohala is a lot of fun but it's a lot faster than the Gap.  Lots of high speed sweepers.  Beware of police choppers up there.  There are a lot of good road in northern GA not far from there.  Highway 60 I think?  Oh yeah, there is a pretty good BBQ place on stilts at one end of Cherohala.   ;D
Younger Oil Racing

Super Dave

Um, BBQ...

Seriously, thanks for all the input.

I'll post when I get some things in order...

As a reminder...

The sponsors of my program this year...

Jim, Shawn, and Ed at 4&6   http://4and6.com
So, nice to work with someone I chased for so long...

Vanson Leathers

Suomy Helmets

Woodcraft

Mason Racin' Tires/Michelin

Micron Exhaust

Hyperpro Suspension and Dampers

Vesrah

Sportsmans Park Yamaha   http://www.sportsmanspark.net

sliderphoto.com

Power Mist Racing Fuels

And Chicken Hawk Tire Warmers

Super Dave