News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

New Visionsports' stuff?

Started by Super Dave, September 25, 2003, 09:08:38 AM

Super Dave

I'm getting e-mails asking what Visionsports will be doing next year.  Details are in flux right now, but I'm kind of trying to run with some ideas.

Visionsports' Racer University

I think this is where our niche has been for quite some time, but it seems that I have been discounted by some as a school for "newbies", guys that only need a racing license.  

For those that don't know, we do cater to amateur and expert road racers.  

This isn't a school for the biggest guys on the face of the earth that have the opportunity and the money and the background to get into AMA Pro and international road racing;  they have other opportunities and people to work with that pretty much no one else can even contact.  This is for the real world.

Anyway, I don't know any details exactly right yet, but I'll be building some new ideas.  

Your thoughts and ideas are appreciated.
Super Dave

Nate R

SD: I liked the idea you had mentioned when we talked the other day, about a limited class size, for more cost. I think that would work VERY well.
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

Super Dave

I think that would be the format for this, at least this is a formal name.

I'll deveolp some details over a period of time, and see what I can come up with.

Question:

Does the date matter?  Does it need to be the day before an event?  For those of you that have been out before, would it be worth taking a weekday off and coming out?  
Super Dave

StumpysWife

SD, For Stumpy and his crew (me), having it in conjunction with a race weekend is critical.  We are so stretched for time off and weekends off needed to deal with real life as it is.  

Sounds interesting though...I'll have Stumpy think about his needs as an up and comer...Homework for tonight...

Heather

Super Dave

Yeah, I know it's hard when you have a long distance.

The trick in 2003 was when CCS took the Thursday dates.  I don't mind working during a CCS Sport Rider Day, but I don't want to for this program.  Too inflexible, and it just seemed like we were, in a certain way, unwelcomed.  Guess our money wasn't green enough?  Not sure.  Not related to CCS in Texas, but some of the local staff.
Super Dave

tigerblade

(Stroking chin with thumb and forefinger)

Mmm... sounds intriguing...
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

Mark Bernard

Day before....day after.... weekday.... weekend... it dont matter to me seeing how I work 2nd shift. Count me in.
Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region

KBOlsen

Obviously, pre-race Thursdays were the best.  Whatever day you come up with, I'll find a way to make it work.
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

Steviebee

I really like the Thursday school, Friday Practice, Sat and Sun Race.   It gave me time to absorb.  

It also was alot to think about during the 4 days! And a bit tiring.

The one day during the week for me isnt too bad, (its only a 5 hour drive) but not as good as a weekend.

What about a friday before a NESBA event ??

I stated my other thoughts before,  VIDEO !!  so we can see what we are doing wrong.

Super Dave

Video is/was in the works.  And time.  Not enough time to do it under the previous format.

As for Friday before a NESBA event.  Don't know.  Would need to know the dates, would have to be a weekend that I'm not doing something else.  Would have to be during a weekend that other racers aren't racing somewhere else.
Super Dave

KBOlsen

Lots of juggling... schedules won't be set until late January, at the earliest.  Would you consider doing Fridays before NESBA/STT events at other tracks?
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

OmniGLH

Well, to counter Kim's comment... ;)  I personally like it at BHF.  It's the track that is run the most in the MW region, and I know the best, so your input/advice would be absorbed the best there.  If we do it at a track where other riders aren't so familiar with the layout - then they're going to waste half the day learning the track before they'll really be able to put your riding advice to full use.
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak