News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

One - Multi-finger braking

Started by Jeff, September 24, 2003, 12:34:30 PM

Jeff

Just a question out to the masses...

How many fingers do you use while braking?  I have always used just one, and found it more than enough.  There was one time when I used two and almost went over the bars.

However, on the new RR, the brake lever (which isn't the same or replaceable with an F4/F4i lever) sits a little goofy and is sometimes tough to use 1 finger on.

It's really messing up my rythm and concentration...  Just looking for input...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

1fastmofo

Most of the time I use one, but when I really need to get on the binders, two is plenty.

tigerblade

I find myself usually using one.  However, a buddy was telling me that he only uses one but his finger slipped off the other day and he did a little dirt-tracking...   :o
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

MELK-MAN

2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

OmniGLH

Quotehabbit from Moto-xing, 2 fingers.

Ditto.
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

Jeff

QuoteI find myself usually using one.  However, a buddy was telling me that he only uses one but his finger slipped off the other day and he did a little dirt-tracking...   :o

That's what prompted the question...  While blipping my 1 finger slipped off and I shot forward.  I made it through the turn and determined my entry speed was waaaaaaaaay too slow previously, but it still freaked me out.
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

KBOlsen

Two... and I'll readily admit to being a weenie!
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

MightyDuc Racing

MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

PJ

Two. From motocross and street habits. Never really tried one...
Paul James
AMA Pro XR1200 #70
www.facebook.com/jamesgangracing
www.twitter.com/jamesgangracing

dwtennis

Two mostly.  One if a slight tap is needed.  Using two is probably old dirt bike habits but I'm too old to remember. ;D

racer960

QuoteThat's what prompted the question...  While blipping my 1 finger slipped off and I shot forward.  I made it through the turn and determined my entry speed was waaaaaaaaay too slow previously, but it still freaked me out.

----------------

I did this also in T-1 @ summit main...funky feeling!!!

I usually use my middle finger only while braking or trail braking...

I'm not going to change anything because i'm used to it.  It's a bad habit though!

Bernie

I am another one who reached with only one finger going into T1 at Summit, missed the lever, and quickly regretted it.   :o

Braking with index and middle finger initially felt very odd for me and it was challenging to blip and brake smoothly at first.  Having gotten used to using two fingers now, I wish it was a habit I had picked up long ago.  I think I get more power, but also more finesse and control using two fingers.