News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Darren Luck Dq'd

Started by vizsladog44, September 23, 2003, 11:03:35 AM

vizsladog44

For having an "oversize"motor.I heard a rumor it was a 750 motor.I know how things get blown outta shape,but whats the real story??

AS I HAVE HEARD, THE AMA WERE AWARE AFTER VIR HE WAS 11 MILE AN HOUR FASTER IN THE STRAIGHT'S, BUT IT WAS NOT TILL LATE SUNDAYTILL THEY FOUND THIS OUT,  SO THEY WERE AWAIGHTING HIM AT BARBER, HE WAS UNFORTUNATE ENOUGH TO GET CAUGHT, HE WAS ASKED TO TEAR DOWN AND HE RESPONDED THAT HE WAS NOT QUALIFIED TO DO THIS , THE AMA AGREE OK THIS WAS FAIR ALMOST FINED HIM JUST $300.00 AND LET IT GO TILL , HE SLIPPED AND TOLD THAT THE MOTOR THEM D.S. HAD BUILT THE MOTOR AND HE WAS THERE AT THE TRACK. SO THIS MADE CHANGES (D.S.) HE DID ADMIT TO BUILD THE MOTOR BUT DID NOT INSTALL THIS 750 MOTOR INTO THE 600 FRAME , AT THIS POINT THE AMA RELIZED THERE WERE ONLY 4 OF 6 BOLTS HOLDING ON THE MOTOR. $1000.00 FINE AND DQ.      

Eddie#200

There are sooo many cheaters out there!

jenkins

Yup...thats about the jest of it.....

Way to go and burn another bridge Darren.... :-/

r6_philly

QuoteTILL , HE SLIPPED AND TOLD THAT THE MOTOR THEM D.S. HAD BUILT THE MOTOR AND HE WAS THERE AT THE TRACK. SO THIS MADE CHANGES (D.S.) HE DID ADMIT TO BUILD THE MOTOR BUT DID NOT INSTALL THIS 750 MOTOR INTO THE 600 FRAME ,     

I couldn't quite understand what you mean in the middle of the story, can you retype it (sorry)

ReneGSXR

he was running 6th at a point before the restart and i said to my self (shit is this guy that good or is the 600 hooked up) i guess we now know the truth.

Super_KC124

QuoteThere are sooo many cheaters out there!
What size motor do you have, Eddie? ???

Are you coming to Gateway in Oct.?

wizard

thats a real shame. he rode well.  I dont personaly know daren but have talked to him several times, he seems pretty cool.  Thats sad to hear

vizsladog44

Unfortunatly i've meet him also and he was a complete jerk.

Eddie#200

QuoteWhat size motor do you have, Eddie? ???

Are you coming to Gateway in Oct.?

It was hard to shoehorn the Busa motor in! ;D

Yep I'll be there...

MELK-MAN

MOTOR OR NO MOTOR!! he rode like hell to finish that well. Motor only doesnt get you over the line in front of everyone else. He cheated?? yes.. but still to finish that high in an AMA event.. some credit is due folks.. 8)
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

sdiver68

QuoteMOTOR OR NO MOTOR!! he rode like hell to finish that well. Motor only doesnt get you over the line in front of everyone else. He cheated?? yes.. but still to finish that high in an AMA event.. some credit is due folks.. 8)

No credit due to a cheater.  Period.

Yes, he had to ride a hell of a race, and I'm sure he is very talented.  But a 750 engine?   ::)
MCRA Race School Instructor

OmniGLH

QuoteBut a 750 engine?   ::)

So when're we dropping that 1000 motor into Nolan's bike?   ;D :D
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

Bam55

:-/Say I had a GSXR1000 motor/wiring harness/fuel injec./ will it fit in the GSXR600 frame, truthfully, does anyone know?
  ;)If it does, I will have to update my sale of my 600 to: " GSXR 600 Super Sport race bike, motor makes 150 hp. on pump gas, if you have to ask for how much$, you probably can't afford it "  ;D

Bam55

>:(So did Darren have this unfair combo for his amatuer national championships?   >:(How about his numerous regional championships? I'll give him the respect of being a good rider, all regional championships are not won with pure HP, although the national championships at Daytona mostly are.
 In short, I used to admire him for his achievements, I will say I now have no respect for his accomplishments for they are all tainted. TAINTED I SAY!! So here you go Luck, We shall all refer to you as Richard Cranium from now on!!
 Winner on track, don't make you a winner in life. :P

OmniGLH

Quote:-/Say I had a GSXR1000 motor/wiring harness/fuel injec./ will it fit in the GSXR600 frame, truthfully, does anyone know?
  ;)If it does, I will have to update my sale of my 600 to: " GSXR 600 Super Sport race bike, motor makes 150 hp. on pump gas, if you have to ask for how much$, you probably can't afford it "  ;D

Now while I haven't tried this myself, I *believe* everything fits.  All you have to do is cut the 600 motor mounts out, and weld-in the ones from the 1000.

Tho you'd probably want to run the braced swingarm out of the 1000 as well - tho then that'd be kind of a large giveaway...
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

badmonkey

QuoteMOTOR OR NO MOTOR!! he rode like hell to finish that well. Motor only doesnt get you over the line in front of everyone else. He cheated?? yes.. but still to finish that high in an AMA event.. some credit is due folks.. 8)
I guess everybody who cheats at any level deserves credit as long as they do well.. ;D ;D ;D
Do you want to touch my Monkey?

bruteforceracing

"HE SLIPPED AND TOLD THAT THE MOTOR THEM D.S. HAD BUILT THE MOTOR AND HE WAS THERE AT THE TRACK. SO THIS MADE CHANGES (D.S.)"

What does this mean? R u talking about Dick a FS Racing?

MightyDuc Racing

The grapevine said he had the 750 motor in the 600 a while back, but nobody ever paid to tear him down.  I didn't believe it until now...just sad. :'(  However, he also won several heavyweight championships on a 750 too, so I guess he's still a fast rider.  Probably screwed himself pretty good though.
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

aaronson

I've looked all over the web and there is no press release at all about Darren Luck.Is this just hearsay or what? does anybody have a link to prove this?There is no mention on the official AMA web site or any other

twg

The top factory riders still pulled away from Darren (with or without a 750 engine).  And having been there to watch the races, I'd say allow all the privateers a 750 engine to equal the field.  Sure would be some very good racing.  At the moment though it was exciting to watch him race with the factory guys.

StumpysWife

QuoteI've looked all over the web and there is no press release at all about Darren Luck.Is this just hearsay or what? does anybody have a link to prove this?There is no mention on the official AMA web site or any other

Go to the Supersport results at www.roadracingworld.com.  It says there at the end of the results that he DQ'd.  I thought there may be a little more buzz about this sort of thing, too.

Heather

wizard

the sad thing is thats the question it creates.

jenkins

trust me...it indeed is a fact.....

d.s. , by the way, is Dick Suarez....

what funniest to me...is that darren threw such a fit about mike smith winning in jennings with a crossed pair valve, which is no significant advantage, and in fact, actually does more harm than good, and darren probably was running a 750 motor then as well.

Super_KC124

QuoteGo to the Supersport results at www.roadracingworld.com.  It says there at the end of the results that he DQ'd.  I thought there may be a little more buzz about this sort of thing, too.

Heather

That's funny. They didn't DQ Hayden for cheating this year. :-X

Super Dave

Yeah, that's true.  

They should DQ him.  That way a paid rider would be responsible, in a way, for the bike that is prepared for him.  Right now, they could care less.  If you were caught cheating in NASCAR, you might loose valuable points (that mean $ for you at the end of the year) or big fines.

Additionally, this would have been picked up by a visual inspection.  Not the first time this kind of thing was done.  1100 motors were used in GSXR750's by Jay Springsteen and Kevin Renzell over many years.

Lots of guys used 2mm overbores in their CBR600F2's in the early '90's.  Worst thing was that you could tell them...they were the one's blowing smoke...Wiesco pistons had a tendancy to do that.

Really, this is easy to enforce.  There is a cheap thing called a "whistler" that can be installed in a spark plug hole.  You turn the motor over, it tells you the displacement of that cylinder.  

If you're sneaky, like what has been done in NASCAR, you know which one they check, and you could make that one correct....  Probably ok in a restricted application like that, but might be a bad vibration in a motorcycle.
Super Dave

bigrooster

hey darren are you gonna reply to any of this or should we assume its true. Its to bad that talent like this is thrown away. well u gotta get a better   attitude and stop cheating. burning bridges aint a good thing . I will still enjoy crusing by your pits and looking at your lovely wifes tatas.

Thorny

Nice! Give a guy a break, he probably doesn't cruise the the BBS, so just keep enjoying his wife! LOL  ;D