News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Its all so clear to me now !!!

Started by Steviebee, September 23, 2003, 07:56:56 AM

Steviebee

http://venus.13x.com/roadracingworld/scripts/NewsInsert.asp?insert=7372

At the end is this !!

AMA Pro Racing is a for-profit subsidiary of the non-profit AMA and is governed by a separate 8-man Board of Directors appointed by the elected 12-man AMA Board.

Six members of the AMA Board are elected by individual members and six are elected by corporate members such as American Honda and Dunlop Tire Company.

OMG this makes so much of the crap that AMA does become explainable !!!!  I never new this !

Super Dave

Right, and look at the AMA board members, not just the AMA Pro Racing board...most of them are from the industry.  The AMA is not really controlled by its members, but by the industry.

Kind of like the IIHS, in ways...ok, I'm kind of pulling that one out, but you can get the picture.
Super Dave

smoke

it sucks to see that the cause of issues, problems, and etc is money ( the making of it)  Wy do people have to be so dam greedy all the time!!!!!!!!!!!

Super Dave

Greed?  Power.  2002, 2003, and 2004 will have different AMA Superbike rules.  Consistency?  NO.  Better?  Don't know.  I think the move to 1000's was good.  At least a potential superbike rider can start with a bike that might have 150HP rather than 125HP.  But I believe that the suspension rules were opened up completely for those, the factories, who could get the parts.  

Why didn't Mladin do well that one year?  Suspension.  I suspect that Showa was put under great pressure by Honda to make sure that Nicky got the absolute best stuff.  As a result, Mladin might not have gotten what he was getting before.  

Super Dave

james-redsv

I think Mladins bike was way down on power last year as well. Remember he rode a 750.  ;D

Super Dave

Well, sure.  But HP has to get to the ground.  Suspension still is key.  And if Mladin's stuff was more production based stuff, it certainly moves him into more equal footing with the real world.  Still a good rider and has a good amount of power.
Super Dave