Friggin lappers!!!!

Started by Team_nuclear123, September 21, 2003, 07:22:00 PM

fizzer400

The expression on Bostrom's face as he was standing by the fence with Miguel(who was furious) told me that he knew that it was his fault.

Eric thinks it sucks because he's a factory rider and that was his brother that crashed out. (Hey, I'm a fan of both the Bostrom's, but it was Ben's fault!)

And if lappers don't occur/shouldn't be allowed in motogp, somebody better tell the 2000 world champ he better pick up the pace if he wants to keep competing, considering he was almost lapped!    

Jeff
CCS #419
"Backmarker and proud of it!(well, not really.... :P)"

MZGirl

QuoteFunny that most AMA pros share my opinion, but IM sure you woudl tell them they are idiots, and teach them how to ride....

Out of curiosity, why do you care what a bunch of club racers think?

Or maybe it's all about name-dropping... ::)

Team_nuclear123

Whata  thread.. lol

Heres my whole deal with all this BS... I express my opinion and it turns into a bunch of BS... Typical internet hero BS...

In any event...

Its much the same as the drain plug incident at VIR...

Picture its YOU, or better yet, your son or daughter thats out on track racing, and some backmarker  chops their nose off, or runs with a loose drain plug...

What feeling do you think went though Dave Bostrom's stomach as he watched Ben, or Yvon or Linnea's?? How about if the oil drain plug had fallen out at the top of the corkscrew, or going into trun one at Brainerd? Does it take an experience like Kato's to get the AMA to tighten things up? How many guys have to get injured or killed before its ok not to let everyone with a lisc race?

Lets see here.... Fontant, Sears, Laguna, RA, Brainerd, VIR, and Barber all had the outcome of the race effected by a backmarker...

So what if its you, or your kids, or your friends? How close does it have to be before it becomes ok to take the out of line view that people should only be able to race when they can race for the win in the premier class? How many guys have to get hurt to satisfy the ego's of a bunch of club racers?

I do have to say that I just love how my concern for my friends and disdain for the people that got in the way turns into a personal attack on, 1- my waist, 2 my riding, 3 - my brain, 4 - my friends, 5 the skills of Ben and Eric...

Good luck at the races this weekend to everyone, feel free to come up and discuss this as much as you like in person at Phoenix this weekend after our race day is done of course....

jnup

just saw the thread and i wonder what class to sign up for at an ama weekend

maybe fx, that is a support class right. yet yates and mladin (congrats!!)  practice and qualify for that class and spies (congrats) is a superbike lever rider so i shouldn't get in his way either.  way back at sears point i remember lappers getting bumped from fx (support class) so yates and mladin could of all things practice.  shouldn't they leave practice for their class

maybe the true support class, 600 ss,  not even close to the safest class to be in and miguel races that and will lap me also

maybe 250 gp, not anymore

my point is what is a class that i can get exposure and experience racing the tracks ama's race

jnup

sorry one other point,   give everyone that can qualify the exact same bike,  that should make speeds close to the same and a lot safer for everyone

fastest rider still wins only not by lapping the field 3 times like ppir

THE_D.O.C.

still waiting on team nuclear to prove what he's raced in the past..

and waiting

and waiting.  ;)

Zac

We've all pondered as to what Ben thought or what Miguel thought...has anybody asked what Kurtis' opinion is?  Not what he might tell reporters, but what was going through his mind after the race.  The way I see it, Kurtis won the race because he delt with the traffic (a skill of racing as important as traction managment or draft-passing) better than Bostrom.  Miguel was also dealing with the lap traffic well, but was taken out, which I'd call bad luck for him.  Yes, luck is part of racing, no matter how well we prep our machines and how consistantly we ride.  You get rid of other riders on the track (one source of bad "luck") and next race you'll break a chain.  The race after that you'll dye-pen and x-ray every link of your chain and guess what, a tire will de-lam...

-z.

fourandsix

really am sorry if i pissed off any of the racers here, but put your ego in check for just one minute, and picture you are Ben, or Miguel.. Your paycheck and career depend on this race to a large extent, and your salary request for next year depends on the most recent memory in the minds of your bosses... and while looking to make it an all Honda Podium, and battle for the lead, someone gets in your way, and puts your health and saftey at risk. Maybe its just the wrong place at the wrong time, but there shouldnt BE that place in superbike or WSB or Motogp.  

Hey maybe you shpould put your ego in check , you have to be the most impressive name dropper i have ever seen. You don't race but you list names at the bottom like you have sponsors. I guess you would be called a poser then. I stand corrected you have several emails from all the names you dropped to get your nose out of their a$$.

THE_D.O.C.

no way is this anyone's fault but ben's. no "egos" need to be check but team nucleoid's.

ben's fault.
ben's fault.
ben's fault.

bennie boy fell in a bucket of b oobs, and came up sucking his thumb!!!

<whistling>

Dawn

Doc'

FYI

4&6 was trying to quote something the Nuclear wrote.

THE_D.O.C.

oh.  ;D

i have no idea what you are talking about.

Frank_Angel

Quoteoh.  ;D

i have no idea what you are talking about.

Guess you found the sambucca?  ;D