Friggin lappers!!!!

Started by Team_nuclear123, September 21, 2003, 07:22:00 PM

THE_D.O.C.

it was so bad, that i left when worm caught the chicane on fire. i had a 9 hour drive home, and it was already 5:30!!

strangest pro race i'd ever been to.

Frank_Angel

Quote... and you have to be good at passing.  Passing is as much part of racing as being able to go into a turn...

Not to mention that John Jacobi probably has more experience passing people safely on a racetrack than ANYONE else that was in that race.

racer960

TN, you don't even race so what's your stake in it???

If pro's are complaining about backmarkers/ lappers maybe they need to work on passing.

And yes, there was a lapper in MotoGP this weekend and Roberts was about to be lapped.  It's part of racing.

It's funny how someone who doesn't even race is making the most noise.  I think he's a closet backmarker....com'on out man, com'on, it's OK!!!

Friggin armchair racers!!!   :P

THE_D.O.C.

i'd be curious of his racing resume myself.

mynads69

I bet he sux..... on the track and off.  Which superstar did he say the was sleeping with anyway? :-/

GAMEDIC

QuoteI was standing on the pit wall with the Ducati team when that happened, Mizdal was as far back as he could have been and if he would have lifted his head up, he wouldnt have hit him. Simple as that. He hit a STOPPED rider. Scott had moved about 2ft to the OUTSIDE of the track when mizdal hit him. Had he not moved, he would have hit him full force. Another example of a guy racing for 20th place screwing up a great race, and ending a racers career.

The friggin lappers should not have been in the race to begin with. Race to win, race for a championship. but dont be involved with the race by being a rolling chicane.

Photochick, Im glad you were there, I wasnt, but I did talk to Ben. he and damn near every other factory rider all share the same opinion... lappers suck, and have no business being in the premier class. Thats what the support classes are for.

I watched the race with a friend of mine that has won a superbike championship, and a couple of WSB ones. He said that if the slow ass out of control lappers werent in the way, battling over 20th place, then we wouldnt have seen a half million worth of HGA money written off.

I know this is a club racer board, but damn, show the factory guys some respect already. Ben had the front wheel locked up damn near straigh up and down trying to slow down for a guy that should never have been on the track. HE NEVER SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE. Why race for 20th? have one class set aside for guys with talent above the others. There are planty of other classes that those guys could go out and get lapped over and over in.

the AMA needs to tighten up its rules, and institute the use of a blue flag. They also need to punish or ban riders that ignore it.

Until you can get out there and race your ass off like our local boys do just to try and get out there and race get off it... i was there and i was in the turn it happend taking pics with photo_Chick i saw it first hand as well..then i came home to watch the tape and there was no dout that Ben came in WAY to hot and tried to but a motorcycle where a bicycle would not have fit in the prossess when he relized he was in to hot he jamed on the breaks and tucked the font as a result he to out both lappers at the same time...and then sent one of the into Miguel had he gone around the outside i think there would have been another outcome... but hey...what do i know i was only standing 50ft away from it ... ;D

THE_D.O.C.

QuoteI bet he sux..... on the track and off.  Which superstar did he say the was sleeping with anyway? :-/

doug polen? as if.............

Team_nuclear123

Gamedic, Ill be sure to tell Ben that your expertise says that he JAMMED on the brakes and caused the crash... The door got shut, and Ben was commited, so he rammed Jacobi. Miguel only had to be 25 FEET off line to pass them.

Dave, I respect your opinion, as you know, but it isnt all about the equipment to run up front, its about talent. If you have the talent, you get the equipment. Most of the time anyways. Im Fat man. 6' 275lbs. 54in chest, 38in waist. the weight and size has a LOT to do with why I dont race.... Givin up 10 hp to you lil guys right off the bat! LOL

Frank, Dean is the one that HIT scott and knocked him into the path of the other bike, who saw him and was taking evasive action. And no, I cant remember who it was. I remember the accident like it is burned into my brain. The sound still makes me want to puke.

JEf4Y,  Wow, so you are telling me that none of the riders in superbike have any talent, and if you took out the dangersquad of backmarkers that the resulting talent pool would be so shallow that it would be akin to watching a dyno shootout.

Racer960, Im PISSED that some "racer" changed the outcome of the race, Im PISSED that they put a friend in harms way be blocking the race that was going on. Im Pissed that another race was decided by someone that shouldnt have been on the track at that time. Ill be sure to tell Ben that he needs to work on his passing, Im SURE you would be willing to teach him the right way to do it...

Eric said the same thing as me... It was a great race til the lappers ruined it. Whats HIS racing resume?

I really am sorry if i pissed off any of the racers here, but put your ego in check for just one minute, and picture you are Ben, or Miguel.. Your paycheck and career depend on this race to a large extent, and your salary request for next year depends on the most recent memory in the minds of your bosses... and while looking to make it an all Honda Podium, and battle for the lead, someone gets in your way, and puts your health and saftey at risk. Maybe its just the wrong place at the wrong time, but there shouldnt BE that place in superbike or WSB or Motogp.

GAMEDIC

QuoteGamedic, Ill be sure to tell Ben that your expertise says that he JAMMED on the brakes and caused the crash... The door got shut, and Ben was commited, so he rammed Jacobi. Miguel only had to be 25 FEET off line to pass them.

you see that is where you are wrong...were you there?... i don't rememebr you saying you were..well i was...and i'm telling you..and hell you can see it clear as day on the replay...  the wreck was not cause bt the "door closing" it was cause by a LOWSIDE Ben was wrecking before he touched Jacobe

Team_nuclear123

Funny , Ben says different

" "Bottom line," he said, "there's too many slower riders in AMA racing. How many races this year have been decided by slower riders? Too many. I was trying to catch Kurtis and couldn't let him go. I had a split-second to make a decision and I made one." Bostrom admitted it may have been the wrong decsion, but still felt the slower riders should share the blame in the crash. "The guy (slower rider) turned in on me. ... no blue flags, and just I could not let off through the slower riders. I'm not happy with the way it ended up.""

THE_D.O.C.

i can't believe i'm gonna reply but here goes.

the guy that ben RAMMED is a fantastik rider. he could smoke yours/mine/anyone's ass with ching shen tires and a rusty chain. bostrum screwed up. plain and simple. lapped riders are a fact of racing. the naked eye could not tell a difference in the two's abilities. miguel passed safely, as did roberts. ben put HIMSELF in that position. BEN made a stupid mistake, and should have said so, and this would be over. i remember watching eric bostrum getting lapped at silverstone and laughing out loud. simply because he always cries about lappers. must be a genetic thing.

ever watch gobert go around a lapper? like it's not even there, and he's NEVER made a comment about it.

nuclear, your posts makes no since, and hold no merit. if doug pole said the things you say, then he has tarnished his zen with me. i used to respect him.

now, let's see proof of your racing experience.

Team_nuclear123

ROFL... DOC, this thread is dead... YOu have your opinion I have the truth...

Have a nice day