News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Friggin lappers!!!!

Started by Team_nuclear123, September 21, 2003, 07:22:00 PM

Super Dave

QuoteYa' know....

The 105% rule you propose would include the first 30 people of the race according to the lap times as posted on ussuperbike.com

01:26.044 AARON W YATES MILLEDGEVILLE, GA SUZ 1000
01:26.315 MIGUEL DUHAMEL REPENTIGNY, QC HON 1000
01:26.333 MATHEW MLADIN RANCHO CUCAMONGA, CA SUZ 1000
01:26.531 BEN D BOSTROM LAS VEGAS, NV HON 1000
01:26.562 KURTIS L ROBERTS HICKMAN, CA HON 1000
01:26.980 GIOVANNI BUSSEI TORINO, ITALY, DUC 998
01:28.584 STEVE RAPP CORONA, CA SUZ 1000
01:28.759 TOM H KIPP CHARDON, OH KAW 750
01:28.863 SHAWN M HIGBEE BIG BEND, WI SUZ 1000
01:29.138 MICHAEL F BARNES BOCA RATON, FL SUZ 1000
01:29.142 VINCENT HASKOVEC LAKE ELSINORE, CA SUZ 1000
01:29.521 ERIC C WOOD MANSFIELD, MA SUZ 750
01:29.875 JACOB L HOLDEN PUYALLUP, WA SUZ 750
01:30.224 JOHN HANER PEARLAND, TX YAM 1000
01:30.294 BRIAN STOKES KINGSTON, GA SUZ 750

Dawn   :)

I came out with the guys above at 105%

The guys below would have made a 108% cut.

01:30.672 JEREMY TOYE SAN DIEGO, CA SUZ 750
01:30.679 DEAN MIZDAL HUNTINGTON BEACH, CA SUZ 1000
01:30.734 MARCO MARTINEZ FORT LAUDERDALE, FL SUZ 1000
01:30.742 ANDREW J DEATHERAGE CLEVELAND, OH SUZ 1000
01:30.839 JOHN R JACOBI CARMEL, IN SUZ 1000
01:30.844 GEOFF MAY ALPHARETTA, GA SUZ 1000
01:30.943 CHRIS ULRICH LAKE ELSINORE, CA SUZ 1000
01:31.056 ROBERT M CHRISTMAN FORT COLLINS, CO SUZ 1000
01:31.084 REUBEN FRANKENFIELD GREENWOOD, IN SUZ 750
01:31.104 MIKE D CICCOTTO SEBASTIAN, FL SUZ 750
01:31.143 J J ROETLIN KALONA, IA SUZ 750
01:31.333 BYRON BARBOUR LITHIA SPRINGS, GA SUZ 1000
01:31.642 MICHAEL J SANCHEZ AUSTIN, TX SUZ 750
01:31.840 TOM WERTMAN PUYALLUP, WA SUZ 1000
01:32.136 SCOTT E CARPENTER RALEIGH, NC SUZ 1000
01:32.788 KEVIN HANSON CHAMPAIGN, IL

The times that the guys that fell were within the 105% while they were racing.  Bottom line is that as the traffic gets faster, it becomes harder to pass.  Go do a dirt track and try to get around when things are really equal.  Guess a race should be like speedway where you've only got a few riders.  Shorten the laps to about six too.
Super Dave

THE_D.O.C.

dave, everyone of the 108er's would win everything on a club expert weekend.

this thread, is as full of spoop as it's creator.

nuclear, take a bow. you have the honor of dumbest statement ever on this board!!  ;)

Super Dave

QuoteThe friggin lappers should not have been in the race to begin with. Race to win, race for a championship. but dont be involved with the race by being a rolling chicane.

Um, I think if you're sitting stopped at the first race of the year at the start of a race, you are a lapper, and you are a chicane.  No championships to be won at Daytona.  It's kind of a long season when you've been A$$ packed twice there.  
Super Dave

Super Dave

QuoteTeam Nuclear... My temper isnt even a part of it... remember the names of the first two nukes we tested on japan?

So, are you Fat Man or Little Boy?
Super Dave

THE_D.O.C.

QuoteSo, are you Fat Man or Little Boy?

that's what i was thinking.

are we the corsican brothers?
i just punched myself in the eye, did you feel it?  ;D

Super Dave

QuoteOne vote for lappers ruining it... But what would Eric know.

Hmmm, Eric...  Has Works bike, Works suspension, full factory development.  Put him on a supersport bike and he complains quite a bit.  Must be rough to not work on your own stuff.

Again, the rules for motorcycle development are not fair, and they are unattainable by anyone other than the factory.

I worked with Dale Quarterley.  He was a privateer that actually won an AMA Superbike race.  But, he was able to lease a bike from Muzzy.  

Regardless, when he was racing the RC30, he was down on power to the "factory" bikes...they weren't as high tech as they are now...  He wanted a set of carbs that they had.  Honda and Kehin "couldn't" sell them to him.  His only recourse would have been to claim them.  But, at that level, claiming would not put him in good favor with the manufacturers.

Seems like the claiming rules are practically non-existant now. Not to mention that any inovation that a person could do is pretty much illegal.  But the factories can have one off specials.

Fair play is a must.  This is entertainment.  It's not entertaining to anyone when the rules are so far apart.  Lappers are a result of either bike problems or the rules.  Pretty simple.

Super Dave

Super Dave

Quotei just punched myself in the eye, did you feel it?  ;D

Doh!
 ;)
Super Dave

THE_D.O.C.

kurtis got by them with no problem. miguel would have. this factory superstar ben bostrum's fault. no one else's.

Frank_Angel

QuoteI was standing on the pit wall with the Ducati team when that happened, Mizdal was as far back as he could have been and if he would have lifted his head up, he wouldnt have hit him. Simple as that. He hit a STOPPED rider. Scott had moved about 2ft to the OUTSIDE of the track when mizdal hit him. Had he not moved, he would have hit him full force. Another example of a guy racing for 20th place screwing up a great race, and ending a racers career.

You must have been paying about as much attention to that race as yesterday's. Mizdal wasn't the one who caused Scott's leg injury, there were two bikes that hit him. Scott was rolling off the right side of the grid when Dean hit him in the right side, spinning him around, but not causing Russell's injuries. The second bike hit him in the left side of his body, severely breaking his left leg and arm. Since you were there maybe you could tell us who the second rider was that hit Scott?

THE_D.O.C.

i wasn't right there, but i know frank. can i say?

i was in the infield, and i know.

RM

Super Dave

Me too.  He live's near by now.

Da, da, dah, da, do, be do...(Jeopardy sound track...)
Super Dave

Frank_Angel

Sure, go ahead. BTW, Dean had his head up contrary to knucklehead's accusation. Trivia question - who caused the red flag that resulted in the restart?

How was Rio? Forget Christopher, did you get me a t-shirt?