Main Menu

Phoenix

Started by Team_nuclear123, September 20, 2003, 08:56:03 PM

Team_nuclear123

Anyone have any confirmation as far as

a) What track are we racing on?

b) Is there a friday practice

c) Who is putting it on?

This stuff is getting old very quickly! We just want to race!

duc995@aol.com

Main track...long one

Sat is LPUSA practice day

Team_nuclear123

YOu heard this from?

A friend was told, by CCE on the phone, last thursday that the LP day was on Friday at the big track.

Firebird said friday that CCS had not even confirmed what track they were using yet.

ergo, my frustration....

duc995@aol.com

Well I heard...at band camp...that there wasn't even going to be a race this weekend :D LOL

duc995@aol.com

Check out the scheduled event:http://www.formulausa.com/factsheets03/Firebire%20September%20SCHEDULE.pdf

The title is Firebird International, not Firebird East.

garthed

What kind of gearing would you guys recommend for the big track at firebird. I have a 03 zx6r and have heard that there is a really long straight. What kind of speeds do I need to get to.

Thanks
Garth

Team_nuclear123

Garth,

Figure on running a 15/44 combo to start.

garthed

I'm currently running 14,41 but was afraid that I would be hitting the revlimitter. So I should be ok with this?

Garth

Team_nuclear123

14/41 shoudl be ok, but you are limiting your suspension in the rear by putting a lot of pressure on the top of the swingarm with that chain....

Really hurts drive by limiting traction... But if its working, run with it...

BTW, do you have a 636 or RR???

garthed

What do you mean? Its got the stock chain. Factory sprockets are 15, 40 on this bike. Why does it hurt my drive? Thanks for the help. Its a 636.

Garth

Team_nuclear123

The 14t causes the chain to run across the top of the swing arm, and does so with a great deal of tension. This limits the upwards travel of the swingarm. This is what hurts your drive. the limiting of suspension action by the chain. Try to keep the chain up off the swingarm as much as you can.

Also to really make a good run at it, you should try a different black box to raise the limiter by 1k...The motor lives just fine, but it gives you more over-rev between gears.

I shouldn't be helping you, as Im helping lil Mr. Jackson.. lol But come by and Ill give you some set up info if ya like....

garthed

How's Scott anyhow after the buttonwillow thing. I missed him by only inches.

Ya the 636 is all new to me I have not even rode it yet. I bought it as its set up now with these sprockets. I have to start over because of my wipe out a BW. my gsxr is dead. Have you been on this track?

Garth