News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Race To The Beach!

Started by Super Dave, September 19, 2003, 08:38:50 AM

Super Dave

Ok, I can't remember exactly who supported this project...

There was a program in place this year where riders with the highest performance index would have their CCS Race of Champions entry fees paid by the sponsor of the program.

In the amateur class, Michael Shallcross won it.  Nice job!  I know him reasonably well as he's came to many of my programs.  He's a http://www.4and6.com guy like myself.

The expert class was won by Jeff Wood, brother of Eric Wood of Woodcraft fame....  http://www.woodcraft-cfm.com     Both are great guys, and I'm happy for Jeff.

In a very close second was the hard working Ed Key.  Ed's getting his entry fees paid by a couple of people in the CCS office.  Very nice people:  Tiffaney and Eric.  Really nice thing you two did!

Congratulations!

And if there's anything I'm missing, Tiffany, help me out.... 8)  

Mean people suck...
Super Dave

TiffineyIngram

Race to the Beach is sponsored by Blockworks--the company that Eric Kelcher (aka Mr. Tiffiney or Tiffiney's Husband) owns and operates.  Race to the Beach started within the CMRA region, however for 2003 Eric decided to take the program nation-wide and give the most deserving riders, who may not be able to otherwise, a chance to go to the beach.  This year's winners were absolutely fantastic to watch.  The rules were simple:  the amateur and expert with at least 800 points with the highest performance index wins.  What did they win?  Entry fees sponsored by Blockworks, as well as $750 in cash for travel expenses (or "extra cirricular activities" at the beach).  Michael Shallcross won for the amateurs with a 964.8, and JEFF Wood won with a 987.3 (both numbers are amazing, if you think about how many races 800 points comes out to).  Due to the incredible response to the program, Blockworks has decided to sponsor entry fees for Ed Key, expert out of the Midwest/Great Plains/Great Lakes and Brian Logan, an amateur out of Florida.  We appreciate everyone's hard work and look forward to doing it all over again in 2004.  Congratulations to our champions, and good luck to the future ones!

Mark Bernard

Hopefully nest year I'll be one of the Amateurs... Gonna be a big year for me next year!  Look out! Here I come....lol
Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region

Super Dave

Duh, you said Eric Wood...still nice for the Wood family.  Hope mom, Jan, is proud of her kids!

And nice job you two.
Super Dave

TiffineyIngram

Super Dave

QuoteLook out! Here I come....lol

Everytime I hear that, I imagine someone going by in a "Flying W"...

Tiffaney...

What's in a name?  Jan is still the WOMAN!
Super Dave

TiffineyIngram

QuoteWhat's in a name?  

Ummm...It's TIFFINEY.   ;D

Mark Bernard

QuoteEverytime I hear that, I imagine someone going by in a "Flying W"...

Thats a flying Buell! ;D
Mark (Bernie) Bernard

Tom Fredricks

Thats a flying Buell!
would that be from the oil under the rear tire, Hi Mark.
T & J racing

Mark Bernard

Um.... You could say that! lol! You going to Gateway Tom?
Mark (Bernie) Bernard

Tom Fredricks

I have not yet made up my mind, I am thinking of skipping gateway and hitting RA instead for the nesba day
T & J racing

Mark Bernard

QuoteI have not yet made up my mind, I am thinking of skipping gateway and hitting RA instead for the nesba day
Gateway is gonna be my last hoo rah for the year. Gonna call it a season after that. I hope you go, but if not... have a great time at RA. Keep in touch. My e-mail address is current. Mark!
Mark (Bernie) Bernard