Has anyone noticed.....

Started by EX#996, September 19, 2003, 02:36:45 AM

EX#996

...  besides me that the board gets a bit 'testy' around this time of year?  The topics are the same:

1)  Slow riders and how they get in the way,
2)  The points update on line
3)  Rules for CCS
4)  CCS is the worst organization and we should:
     a) start our own organization
     b) all move to WERA   ::)

After Daytona things seem to simmer down.  I'm looking forward to that....

Dawn   :-/
Paul and Dawn Buxton

Super Dave

Yeah, the internet makes it worse.  TMI getting around.  But the points thing has always been an issue.  If you make your bed, you have to sleep in it.  The points upkeep is just terrible.  What can be said above that?

Rules, well, they can be changed.  The one that I think needs to be changed is not enforced, but it's kind of stupid to have it then, right?  Rules need to have some legitimacy.

I personally see a lot of good things that CCS does.  Some things could be cleaned up to make it much better and more attractive.
Super Dave

Steviebee

Quote TMI getting around.  

What is TMI ?

Dawn

QuoteWhat is TMI ?

T = too
M = much
I = information

Dawn   :)

tigerblade

I'm gettin' ready for next year.  Lookout mofos!   ;D
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

Super Dave

Bring it on...  I was born ready.... >:(

;D
Super Dave

StumpysWife

SuperDave - A vintage racer dude came into Stumpy's shop yesturday and he knew you as well as the guys 2wheelTuesday featured this week.  Of course, Stump can't remember his name.  The guy knew details about your vintage bikes.  He was just happy to talk to someone who knew that racing motorcycles wasn't motocross.  Road Racing doesn't mean a thing up here.  

Just wanted you to know you are a superstar!   :D

Heather

StumpysWife

I would like to go on record that right now I'm whining that our year is already done.  I  hope I'm not whining about this next year!

Heather :)

Super Dave

QuoteSuperDave - A vintage racer dude came into Stumpy's shop yesturday and he knew you as well as the guys 2wheelTuesday featured this week.

Who'd they feature?

You'd be surprised by the people that I know...

Super Dave

StumpysWife

I don't remember who was on 2WT, but it was an interesting piece, mainly about HD racers, I think. One guy they interviewed was older, gray hair ~70?  I wasn't paying close attention as I was reading my book at the same time  :).  

Heather

Super Dave

Super Dave

StumpysWife

I don't remember :-/...He looked like a grampa racer.  I told Stumpy that would be him someday...

tigerblade

QuoteBring it on...  I was born ready.... >:(

;D

Super Dave is like lunchmeat; he's always ready!

Hoping I can get some tutorial from ya next Spring, Mick.  ;)
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

Super Dave

QuoteHoping I can get some tutorial from ya next Spring, Mick.  ;)

Watch for my posts and my website.  The silly season begins.  Racer programs will probably be substantially smaller and carry a bigger price tag so that I can have more time with the individual.  Also, I will probably have some one on one programs avaiable, if I can find more track day programs that are willing to let us buy some time like everyone else.  Those also might be bought early at the beginning of the season.  

Wait and see...
Super Dave

dylanfan53

QuoteWho'd they feature?

You'd be surprised by the people that I know...

I can't remember either, but I do remember the umbrella girl... ;D
Don Cook
CCS #53

Mark Bernard

QuoteI can't remember either, but I do remember the umbrella girl... ;D
::) Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!
Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region

dylanfan53

Quote...  besides me that the board gets a bit 'testy' around this time of year?  
Dawn   :-/

I noticed that too, but I suppose seasonality is logical as people think about what rule changes they'd like to see for the next season and try to get a handle on where they stand in the points at the end of this one.  Not to mention the crankiness that comes with the close of the riding season....
Don Cook
CCS #53