News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

04 Sponsorship Opps

Started by prov431, September 18, 2003, 12:10:54 PM

prov431

2004 Sponsorship opp. idea
As some of you may know, I sold my two bikes recently to purchase my wife professional photo gear. We've officially opened "Shoot To Thrill Photo" a few months back. Well, business is going really well so far, and we are enjoying a nice following of customers. (Thank you to Frank Angel for ongoing help with the website!!) Problem is, we've only been doing car shows and portraits to date. Bambi (my wife) has shot many moto events before though, since she used to work for another track side photographer.
Recently she shot safety crew (and bikes) at the VIR AMA round, and will be shooting safety crew for the CCS event at VIR this month as well.
Our business is much like what you are used to seeing (trailer with on site prints/cd's/posters) only we strive to pick up where we think others are inefficient.
What we have in mind to do is a sponsorship for "X" number of racers in 2004. While this won't be a parts discount, or redeemable voucher type of set up, I do believe it would be something useful to racers and their primary sponsors.
We would like to provide these "X" amount of racers with professional photos, free of charge. It may be you posing with your bike, you racing, or you on the podium, whatever  
Question is, if my wife and I provided this sponsorship, what would you as a racer want from it, and how would you go about choosing who gets it.
We really want to do this, and we think it would be a benefit to not only you, the racer, but us as a business.
Please offer your opinions or thoughts so that we can get this idea off the ground.
Your help is appreciated!
Frank, the internet wizard has posted a picture for me on the business website here:
http://www.shoottothrillphoto.com/Photos/Ducati_Racing/sponsorsampleshot.jpg

This is an example of one of my ideas, using a picture of me. Looks especially awesome poster size ya know.
(yes, it's supposed to be blurry...it's been designed that way in case you were wondering)

-Dan & Bambi
www.shoottothrillphoto.com
info@shoottothrillphoto.com

Tom Fredricks

What region will you be covering
T & J racing

Mark Bernard

Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region

prov431

Mid Atlantic and some SE as well. I kinda like RRR, but I think that is as far south as we plan on going.

fizzer400

I would definitely be interested, although I'm not sure how good a photo subject I make! :)

I'm SE, and I plan on visiting RRR next season more than anywhere else.

Jeff
CCS #419

prov431

Question is, if my wife and I provided this sponsorship, what would you as a racer want from it, and how would you go about choosing who gets it?
That's my sticking point as of right now.
Any suggestions?

ecumike

QuoteQuestion is, if my wife and I provided this sponsorship, what would you as a racer want from it, and how would you go about choosing who gets it?
That's my sticking point as of right now.
Any suggestions?

Well..
1.  as racer, if I didn't already have someone taking photos for me, I'd want photos from each race.

2. How would I choose who gets it?.. you mean If I were you?... just take the 1st xx people who want it, and give it to them.

Maybe ask some of the sponsoring co.s how they go about choosing who they sponsor.?

rsmith

Hey Dan,

To answer your questions.  You stated what most folks want out of a sponsorship, product and\or services either discounted or free of charge.  Since you said you plan to provide photos free of charge my questions would be:
What type (digital media, prints, posters, ...)?
How many?
What events do you plan on shooting?

I would expect you as a sponsor to want maximum exposure so that will drive your selection criteria. Folks that are top performers, consistent finishers, and planning on attending all or majority of the events would be your best bet.

I'll be down at VIR next week, I'll look for you guys.  I could use a nice picture to finish the year.

Take care,

prov431

Thank you for the replies so far everyone. We are taking many of the things you've stated into consideration.
The type of photo formats that we offer are either digital (jpg) or print. We do anywhere from wallet size to poster size, as well as CD's.
We'll probably put together a sponsorship package that will include many, if not all of the things we offer, and decide on an amount as well.
We're in the process of getting some decals made, and that would be one of the things we'd ask riders to put on their bikes. Other than that, we would ask that if you are happy with the quality of our work, to pass that information along to others, especially if you are being sponsored by us! That is how we've come so far in such a short amount of time with the car club folks, and we're quite certain we can prove ourselves to the racers in the same fashion. Fair price, quality products, and service without a hassle.
We believe the sponsorship idea is going to be great and we're looking forward to the 04 season.
More info to follow soon!

badmonkey

Base how you choose racers like most company's do by having them send you a race resume stating there goal's for the following season. Just giving it to the first people who show up could be a waste of time if they don't attend most of the races.
Do you want to touch my Monkey?

Mark Bernard

I would be interested Dan but I'm in the mid west regon.  :'( Ever think about jumping ship?  ;D Mark!
Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region

wizard

im in if you are intersested.

i race southeast and florida ccs and wera. FUSA and will be doing some AMA events next year also.

what i would want is my photos at the races free and some posters with your name on them of course to display, Next year I am also going to need photos to sign and hand out and of course your name on them as well.

what i will offer you is to display your products in my pit area name on bike and trailer if you would like. and to promote your bussiness.

email me at shark7837@aol.com if you are interested.

Jim  aka wizard racing.