News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

A couple of whines...WAH! about Practice Days

Started by sdiver68, July 11, 2002, 06:22:45 AM

sdiver68

1)  At Mid-America, the afternoon sessions in the advanced group were split between Am and Ex.  Hmmm, According to the literature, there are 3 groups...Street, Inter, and Advanced...no mention of Ex Advanced.  How am I as an AM supposed to learn from the EX's if I never get out there and practice with them?  Who am I to learn from?

OK, so i acknowledge the counter argument that Experts dont want to be out there with us "slow" or "dangerous" guys...but based on what I've seen the top handful of Amateurs in any given race would be knocking on the door of Top 10 finishes in Expert.

But my biggest gripe is if you do split it, then dont let 1 or 2 AM's out there but deny others.  That gives them a big unfair advantage, imo, particularly at newer venues like MAM.

2)  The Track day at Gateway is listed by CCS as an LP day, therefore the fee should be $75.  Yet last time I was charged $100...and now I see the fee is $135?!?  If it's an LP day, then the fee structure should be the same.  If not, then eveyone should just be directed to MCRA/Mid-West rider....

These are my first gripes of the year, other than concern over the Chicane/Bump at Gateway.  I want to thank the CCS staff for doing everything they can to ensure a great racing experience.  :)
MCRA Race School Instructor

razorrider1

8)

ditto,  sensible......

jim_p

I am an expert and agree that the spliting of am/ex on Friday was not the thing to do.The bikes that should have been removed were the singles and the 125's. Not that these guys are not good riders,but a GSXR 1000 would have a heck of a closing speed.

Arnziffel

Hey Steve,
The track days at Gateway are put on by Midwestrider.com in conjunction with LP, in all the schedules you will notice an * by those dates.
Preentry is 100.00 up till Thursday Night before, 135 the day of. You may check with Neville when you get there they may make exceptions for Licensed riders and still get the 100.00 rate!!
FYI, all the EX 125 were running 1:40 - 1:45s
KW

r6_philly

Quote1)  

How am I as an AM supposed to learn from the EX's if I never get out there and practice with them?  Who am I to learn from?

OK, so i acknowledge the counter argument that Experts dont want to be out there with us "slow" or "dangerous" guys...but based on what I've seen the top handful of Amateurs in any given race would be knocking on the door of Top 10 finishes in Expert.

I agree that practice should be split by bike/classes, rather than ex/am. BUT, I had to say this about your statement above :

If the top handful of AM's would be knocking on the door of Top 10 finishes in EX races, THEN you would learn from THEM.

-----

QuoteI agree that practice should be split by bike/classes, rather than ex/am. BUT, I had to say this about your statement above :

If the top handful of AM's would be knocking on the door of Top 10 finishes in EX races, THEN you would learn from THEM.

he IS one of them.....

r6_philly

Quote he IS one of them.....

Well then MOVE UP TO EXPERT. How much learning can you do in one to two round of practice? With combined practices you would have a lot of slower traffic anyway.

What better way to learn from the top experts than to RACE with them? If he consistently turn top 10-15 expert times, and I think he SHOULD ask to become a expert. Because he would whipping AM asses and there really wouldn't be any point to staying AM.

Unless CCS wouldn't let him move up. then I will eat my own foot.

Learn as an expert, from the experts, with the experts. If it is such a problem for him, why not change your own status (which only affects you) INSTEAD of campaigning to change the race day strucuture (which affects EVERYONE)

sdiver68

r6_philly-

I am not asking to change RACE day practices.... I am referring ONLY to the Friday practice days before a race weekend.  And, imho, I can learn tons from being out there with faster guys.  Other than taking schools which can be pretty big $$, is there a better way then to follow someone faster?

THE_D.O.C.

he told you already. white plates on YOUR bike.  ::)

sdiver68

Ok, so that brings up an interesting question...should a 1st year racer licensed in March be bumped to Expert in July?  I mean, there are guys running AMA Pro this year that ran WERA/CCS Amateur all of last year and of course won everything in site.  Should an Amateur get a chance to win a little $ back before jumping up?  ???

And no by no means am I winning eveything in sight, no need to roll eyes DOC for asking about things.

THE_D.O.C.

::) you asked how to get faster. someone told you how.  ::) then when you asked again {assuming you didn't like the first response} you didn't like my answer. ::) want to go fast? get white plates. hell, my amateur wins don't mean squat now that i have white plates.  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ;)

TZDeSioux

white plates don't make you fast. There are plenty of slugs with white plates. I'd rather be a slug with yellow plates than a slug with white plates  :P

sdiver68

Quote::) you asked how to get faster. someone told you how.  ::) then when you asked again {assuming you didn't like the first response} you didn't like my answer. ::) want to go fast? get white plates. hell, my amateur wins don't mean squat now that i have white plates.  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ;)

Oh, LOL, I just realized who you are.  Your hardazz act has been seen through on the 'other' board, so don't try it here. ;)

THE_D.O.C.

Quotewhite plates don't make you fast. There are plenty of slugs with white plates. I'd rather be a slug with yellow plates than a slug with white plates  :P

racing with fast white plates makes you fast. just head on out to the other org.s weekend sometime. you will be humbled even in the yellow plates.

TZDeSioux

whats the difference.. i've seen wera guys come to ccs tracks and get their ass handed to them.. seen ccs guys go to glrra tracks and get their ass handed to them.. it's all about track knowledge isnt it and not the org? and about being humbled.. i can stay in ccs and be humbled every race weekend. I'm a slug with yellow plates :)  OH shit it's Brad Wilson. Now he's on ccs board to cause trouble!  ;D bye the way.. it's me luckystrike on the other board...

Gixxer124

I seen Paul Mason whip up on Mark Junge in MWSS yesterday at Gateway!! Bring it on WERA boy.  :P

THE_D.O.C.

who is mark junge?  ;) i'm talking about ed cobb and gio rojas, the SUPER AMATEURS!!  ::)

TZDeSioux

Quotewho is mark junge?  ;) i'm talking about ed cobb and gio rojas, the SUPER AMATEURS!!  ::)

isn't both of them experts now? :) How are they doing as experts now?

THE_D.O.C.

amazingly, not as good as when they were amateurs. now they don't win everything in sight. gee, i wonder why?

r6_philly

Quoteamazingly, not as good as when they were amateurs. now they don't win everything in sight. gee, i wonder why?

the bikes? the tires? suspension? maybe weather?

THE_D.O.C.

how about, they are racing where they should be. unlike last year.  ;)

r6_philly

so the questions is back to:

should classification by experience, speed or both.

should a 10th place(usual finish) Novice racing for 1 year with lots of points be made expert?

should the guy who showed up for the first time on a F2 and won GTU be made expert?

should the 25 place(usual finish) finisher who have been racing for 4 years everyweekend be made expert?

Gixxer124

Quotewho is mark junge?  ;) i'm talking about ed cobb and gio rojas, the SUPER AMATEURS!!  ::)

How does Mark Junge do in WERA races?

Gixxer124

Please don't let this become the dreaded "who's a sandbagger" thread.

r6_philly

QuotePlease don't let this become the dreaded "who's a sandbagger" thread.

Hahaha you know it is heading that way...

You know a thread about crankcase can turn into a sandbaggin thread.

So who's sandbagging this year??? (just kidding)

Gixxer124

When I won my first race, somebody called me a sandbagger. I showed them. I took last at the next race! Mwahaha. ;D

r6_philly

see you are the cherry picker of all cherry pickers... u win a race, then sandbag some, then win a race hen sandbag some. What you gonna do next, run off the track a couple times at the end of the year to prove your "bad" safety record???

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

TZDeSioux

yeah KC also has a habit of showing up at a track he's never been to and placing top 3 the same day all while recovering from a street crash. tsk tsk tsk.. damn cherry pickin sandbaggin mofo....  ;D

Gixxer124

Quote. What you gonna do next, run off the track a couple times at the end of the year to prove your "bad" safety record???

I did that at Gateway... on the way to victory. Hehe he.  ;D