News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Championship....

Started by Team_nuclear123, September 15, 2003, 08:40:25 PM

THE_D.O.C.

yeah, and ben rode like a poof.

give me racers that race. keep the championships.

Mark Bernard

QuoteBy the way.. didn't Ben Bostrom win a AMA Superbike Championship without winning a single race?

Why yes he did....
Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region

sdiver68

QuoteDon't hate! Participate! He's playing by the rules. If the rules allow him to win the #1 plate for the year.. then cool. It's nobody's business.

Steve.. how you holding up chief? Hope things are getting back to normal for ya.

Hey Brian,

Things are progressing pretty well, arm wise. I'm getting some movement back in the arm, actually way ahead of schedule...of course i've been paying for the progress with pain but I want it back ASAP.

Don't tell my family :o...but a comeback next season may be in the cards if my current rehab continues its current pace  I'm thinking an SV since they are easier to ride in comparison, and fewer wannabes in the LTWT classes.  It really depends on how the neck tests out next Spring.
MCRA Race School Instructor

Team_nuclear123

Ben did win a championship, but he did so by consistantly running up front, not just by running...

Hell, We are running 10 races a weekend in pursuit of the championship, and are rapidly closing on it, but is it RIGHT for us to bring out a 125 and run all the lightweight classes to gain 200 more points a raceweekend? That makes it kinda hollow, at least for us.

I think that it should be based on your top five finsihes, regardless of how many races you run. We would still run 7 or 8 a weekend, just for the experience. As far as class championships go, Thats gonna be our focus for next year....

TZDeSioux

QuoteHey Brian,

Things are progressing pretty well, arm wise. I'm getting some movement back in the arm, actually way ahead of schedule...of course i've been paying for the progress with pain but I want it back ASAP.

Don't tell my family :o...but a comeback next season may be in the cards if my current rehab continues its current pace  I'm thinking an SV since they are easier to ride in comparison, and fewer wannabes in the LTWT classes.  It really depends on how the neck tests out next Spring.

Glad to hear that you're almost there. You've got 7 months before the 04 season starts so hopefully you will be fully recovered by then. Can't wait to race you in LWGP  :D

Chef

QuoteThat didn't happen until he injured himself at MAM.  

He was out to prove a point and as you can see, he accomplished that.

Dawn   :)

Well Dawn, I dont know if we're talking about the same person, but the gingerman race, b4 MAM, this would be the second expert that i passed from the AM wave, and i NEVER caught the fast experts unless they fell or were in the wet without rains...

and I did say that i cant hate anyone for having money, that is definately MY problem and NOT theirs.

AND I SURELY know what it takes to make every round and run 10 races, so 12 or 14 must be applauded (even finishing 3rd from last all the time)

Take it easy...
40. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measure. We were all meant to shine, as children do. When our light shines, we liberate others.

Chef

QuoteHey Brian,

DUDE!,
GREAT News 68 (I owe ya one :D).....
Knuckle down, Man.... Make it happen! Make us proud!!!

can I borrow your bike ???  ::) ;D
Ike
 :)
40. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measure. We were all meant to shine, as children do. When our light shines, we liberate others.

am_#65_john_deere

hey steve,

i'm planing on a sv for next year too/

see ya out there.

hope to make gateway at the end of the season, so i might see ya there.

good to hear you're doin well.
anthony.

Super Dave

Quote" Does this count? How hollow is your championship if you havent won a race all season? "

None whatsoever! Plenty of professional racing championships have been won by people who never won a race, but was consistent.

Thomas Stevens won the 1991 (?) AMA Superbike championship without winning.  There was flack.  Matt Kennseth has only won one race this year in the Winston Cup Championship, but he looks set to win it all.  

Championships are about the "best".  Points structures have been changed over the years to get people to be consistent.  Pay points down further and everyone can get on the list of top guys, then the guys that aren't the fastest start moving up in the standings.  With CCS's points system paying down to 50th place (How many races do you know of with 50 guys?), it's obvious that you can go do a lap or two and get a significant number of points.

Now, the rules are being followed, and at least the ones getting the championship are at least staying out for the duration of the race.  There have been others that went out, did two laps, then came in.  That's bs...
Super Dave

Team_nuclear123

Points to 50th.. thats a laugh riot....

How about points to fifth... In your top five classes only... Rewards not  only being consistent, but being fast as well.

Remember, Ben would have won at Brainerd if he didnt get black flagged for a minor oil leak that make his bike smoke, but smoke less than either HD in the field...

But  you are dealing with a one class championship. Imagine if the AMA championship was decided by the total number of finsihes in every class, or even by the total for each manufacturer. 40 or 50 semi factory bikes in every class to win the overall... LOL

Top 5 get points, in the best five races they do per weekend...

Now we might just be getting somewhere....

Super Dave

Well, it is still club racing.

You've got to reward the people for coming.  Pay points to 15th, like the AMA used to do, now it's down to 30th?  That would still make the chase interesting.  Top three would get more points, bigger spread.  

Super Dave

GSXR RACER MIKE

I am feeling like I should have only done track days this year based on this re-occuring subject. Being that I haven't had the money this year to be buying tires to race competetively I decided to follow the series for enjoyment, instead of serious competition. I did as I have in the past which was to pick certain classes to follow all year as though I was in a points race, and I did that. But for whatever reason I ended up in the front of the points, yes by finishing in the back. What is even more suprising is my Top 10 Overall points standing on top of it. I am also guilty of running just a few laps at events where the temperatures were excessive for me (I have had trouble with heat all my life). I went to those events optomistically hoping for weather that wasn't so hot, but since it was really hot I at least went out there for a few laps till I felt it wasn't safe for me to be out there anymore, then I came in (before I got in the way of the leaders). I purchased a Coolmax shirt toward the end of the season which helped, but next year I plan on having a cool pack vest so I can stay out for the whole race when it's hot.

After all the complaining I have seen on here about this subject in general I intentionally did not go to Gateway the last event so as to let those more deserving of class championships have them. I am also considering not attending any of the remaining events so I will drop out of the Top 10 Overall points also. I ended up in the Top 10 Overall points by only running 4 classes per event all season.

I look at it this way, I got where I was at by always showing up and following CCS's rules, that's stategy to me. But on the other hand, I also know that I wasn't pushing this year, so I have stepped aside at the end of the season knowing that I could have earned multiple class championships and a Top 10 plate.

Sorry for showing up this season.  :-/
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96