News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Championship....

Started by Team_nuclear123, September 15, 2003, 08:40:25 PM

Team_nuclear123

SO I was thinking....

For next season, Ill buy a RS125 and ZX10 to go with our current ZX6RR. Then we can enter every single race for every weekend, never finish in the top 5, and just cruise to a championship.

Does this count? How hollow is your championship if you havent won a race all season?

Im really just trying to figure it out.....  

I think that we ARE gonna just gun for titles in 4 classes, two DOT, and two Slicks just for the hell of it... Do some WERA stuff, and Daytona, and a few different regions... get some experience at different tracks across the country... What about ya'll???

Chef

I have a problem hating someone just because they have money...

but I also have a problem with the # 1 plated expert in our region being passed in every 2wave race by ALL the amatuers...(2004)
 ::) :-X
oops, did i say that???
 :-X :-/ :-X :-/ :-X :-/ :-X :-/

Trophies make for good stories later tho...
just dont mention finishing 2nd or 3rd from last no matter the field...

I'm just sore bout being poor....
(if I had It, I'd buy me one fuh mahself)

;)
40. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measure. We were all meant to shine, as children do. When our light shines, we liberate others.

EX#996

QuoteI have a problem hating someone just because they have money...

but I also have a problem with the # 1 plated expert in our region being passed in every 2wave race by ALL the amatuers...(2004)

That didn't happen until he injured himself at MAM.  

He was out to prove a point and as you can see, he accomplished that.

Dawn   :)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

Super Dave

QuoteHe was out to prove a point and as you can see, he accomplished that.

The point has been proven many, many times.  It is sad.

CCS's new computer system might be able to calculate championship points based on, let's say, a riders five best finishes.

It shouldn't be about money...but about performance.
Super Dave

smoke

::) :-X
oops, did i say that???
 :-X :-/ :-X :-/ :-X :-/ :-X :-/

;)[/quote]
  Are u for real???????????????  That can't be true.

Team Nuc
I see your point about the chap thing.. What it all comes down to u as a person..( Would u feel that u have earned the #1 plate or a champ if u did that?)   I can only speek for me but I would feel like I cheeted.  I am going to run two bikes next year but for a diff reason.  The LW grids are not packed with 42 some odd people like MW.  All the stuff I learn on the LW I can then apply it to the MW class but with more power.  I will be like u go to other tracks to learn.  ( will be at Blackhawk next year!!!!! ;D)

sdiver68

Hey....

It takes quite an effort and dedication to be out there every weekend running 12+ races.  Not to mention coming back with cracked ribs and broken collarbone within 1 race weekend.  

Now, whether or not that effort deserves a #1 plate can, has, and will be debated.  But, I don't take anything away from his effort...he is learning and getting faster as he goes, just because he is doing that with a ton of races should be of little concern to anyone.

Besides, from what I saw this weekend, Janish probably "deserves" the #1 plate.  :o
MCRA Race School Instructor

TZDeSioux

Don't hate! Participate! He's playing by the rules. If the rules allow him to win the #1 plate for the year.. then cool. It's nobody's business.

Steve.. how you holding up chief? Hope things are getting back to normal for ya.

fizzer400

" Does this count? How hollow is your championship if you havent won a race all season? "

None whatsoever! Plenty of professional racing championships have been won by people who never won a race, but was consistent.

It does kinda suck that you can basically "buy" a championship, but the # of races has to be taken into account. What about the guy who only races a handful of events every year, but cleans house? Does he deserve the championship over a guy who showed up at all or almost all the events and consistently placed in the top 5? I'm not sure how I feel about this either.

Jeff
CCS #419

THE_D.O.C.

this debate happens evey year.

i don't like the current rule either. they should do away with it, but they'd prolly lose a lot of entry fees.

smoke

I see your view; ( he or she earned  it by spending money and time to go out there every weekend and competting and never finished top 10) but Like I said I can only speak for myself I would think I cheeted if I one that way.  

To each his own

Dawn

QuoteDon't hate! Participate! He's playing by the rules. If the rules allow him to win the #1 plate for the year.. then cool. It's nobody's business.

Steve.. how you holding up chief? Hope things are getting back to normal for ya.

Thank you!!!!

Dawn   :)

TZDeSioux

The way I see it.... there's no difference between 2nd place and last place. :)

By the way.. didn't Ben Bostrom win a AMA Superbike Championship without winning a single race?