News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Thank you CCS & Gateway!

Started by 2002zx6r, September 15, 2003, 08:05:27 AM

2002zx6r

I would like to take a minute and say thank you to the CCS and Gateway International Raceway.  I had a buddy go down in turn 1 and was transported to the local hospital.  He is ok.  Pride is more hurt then anything else.  

The CCS and Gateway kept me very informed ( as much as they can legally tell me) and helped out with getting everything situated.  All they kept telling me was that is why they are there.  These guys would have done anything to help. And they did!

Crashing is all a part of racing - unfortunatly.  So for all of us that have ever crashed in our time and have been picked up by a corner work.  I say thank you.  With out you we would not have this opportunity.  

K3 Chris Onwiler

Race Director Dave and all his people are a class act.  I love how Dave walks around the paddock and gets to know every racer.  Aside from my home track Blackhawk, Gateway is the most welcome I have ever felt at an event.
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com