Qualifying for Amature Races

Started by arlingtonrider, September 10, 2003, 12:19:11 PM

ecumike

OmniGLH

QuoteThere you go again... wanting to get rid of the LW class... sheesh.. can't we 'little bike' guys get a break?  Just because we're not on the 'big bikes' doesn't mean we don't count.
:P  :) :D

DOWN with the LWs!  Just look at 'em.  They're so... so... lightweight.  I mean, c'mon.  Won't you hate them with me?  They're not REAL machines.  

I'm going to organize an anti-LW march.  

JOIN THE HEAVYWEIGHT NATION!!!  HEAVYWEIGHT POWER!!!!

;)  ;)  ;D
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

THE_D.O.C.

1st of all, we should stop all these crazy little bikes from being able to race. what is this anyway? racing? get off the stupid mopeds, stop being afraid of speed. (it is racing isn't it?)  get a real bike. does miguel duhamel race an RS250? hell no. then, give all the track time to the REAL racers out there.

second of all, there's not enough time to quantify who belongs, and who doesn't. if you got a license, you belong. besides, if you can't pass someone who is ten+ seconds off the pace, the problem lies with you.

Mark Bernard

Like it was said..this is club racing. When you do away with the LW classes...30% of the bikes are eliminated! I run LWGP, Thunderbike, Supertwins and yes... F40. I do it with the Buell. It was bad enough that NRRS did away with the Buell Lightning series. That was a timed qualifying event and it went to nowhere land. And even tho there was qualifying in that event...they let everyone run even when they didnt qualify. I know.. I was one of them! By making amatueres qualify, it cuts down on the number or races and classes you are able to run. AND it takes too much time at the club level. We would have to add a Friday in the schedule just to get everyone timed for the weekend and I, like most othere have a full time job that runs M-F. Were not in CCS to make money or fame....were here to race on the weekends, enjoy the company of fellow racers, and most of all...just have a fun weekend! Mark Bernard "Kegels" am #391
Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region

ecumike

Quote1st of all, we should stop all these crazy little bikes from being able to race. what is this anyway? racing? get off the stupid mopeds, stop being afraid of speed. (it is racing isn't it?)  get a real bike. does miguel duhamel race an RS250? hell no. then, give all the track time to the REAL racers out there...

pppfffftt.. whatever fruitcake.

Don't be jealous of me just because I know how to race a real bike around and know what 'corner speed' really is.
At least I don't need a big bike to go fast around the track. :P

Miguel, pffftt, whatever, Hopkins did, Kcraget did, Nikky did, Rossi did.... etc..

ecumike

I think we should get rid of all the SVs.. THOSE aren't fair in the LW class ;)

Mark Bernard

QuoteI think we should get rid of all the SVs.. THOSE aren't fair in the LW class ;)
Right on!
Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region

THE_D.O.C.

Quotepppfffftt.. whatever fruitcake.

Don't be jealous of me just because I know how to race a real bike around and know what 'corner speed' really is.
At least I don't need a big bike to go fast around the track. :P

Miguel, pffftt, whatever, Hopkins did, Kcraget did, Nikky did, Rossi did.... etc..

it is just tooooooooo easy to get you clowns. what, with your "cornerspeed" argument and all that.  ;)

never been passed by an RS on my 600, or R1. so your fabulous "cornerspeed" don't mean nuttin'.

tool.  ;D

Nate R

Maybe that's because you only went to one race weekend this year, and that was Daytona.  ;) :D

J/K.
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

THE_D.O.C.

what's that got to do with anything?

done a few trackdays, and an RS250 still has never passed. me. that whole cornerspeed argument is stupid. if so, moto gp would all be RS250's . (since that horsepower crap is over rated)

little bikes suck. get them of the track, it's racing you know.  (cept for SV's, they are cool in a cute puppy sort of way)

TZDeSioux

What are we talking about here? Honda RS250 or Aprilia Cup bikes because Aprilia Cup bikes are kinda gay.  ;)

THE_D.O.C.

QuoteWhat are we talking about here? Honda RS250 or Aprilia Cup bikes because Aprilia Cup bikes are kinda gay.  ;)

the aprillia, and anything else like it.  ;D