News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

God is trying to tell me something

Started by Jeff, September 10, 2003, 07:02:22 AM

K3 Chris Onwiler

QuoteWhy is everbody so happy at the track? They finally got away from everyday life.
And THAT my friends, is the only reason why I haven't quit by now.  Well said BB.
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Nate R

QuoteWork really blows especially when you travel allot.  >:(

I just got part of my fall schedual. I'm missing 2 of my best friends' weddings, my birthday, our yearly Buffalo Bills tailgate, and my last race weekend.  :'(

Anyone know of any job openings for a Mechanical Engineer who's tired of getting crapped on?  ???

Robert Kyosaki's books are a good place to start. Change the way you think about and handle money. Financial freedom isn't as difficult or impossible as most think. My brother bought his first rental earlier this year. He's looking to buy another 1 or 2 later this year. If he buys one of them, he'll be pulling in over 1K/mo in cash flow from 2 properties. The first property cost him only 2500 out of pocket. Would you put up 2500 to be making 190/mo in return, AND the house value will more than likely appreciate, AND you can claim depreciation on the house?

My other older brother got back from Active duty, and is starting a web site, writing an e-book, and he and a friend have started an urban renewal business. They will be buying foreclosed homes, fixing them up, and eventually selling them. (Probably keeping them for a year and getting some tenants so they can 1031 them when they sell and not pay taxes on the profits)

I'm running MotoSliders, and will be the main part of a Property management business and a billing service.

Point is, there's PLENTY of oppurtunity out there for financial freedom if you do your homework, and have a decent plan, and form a decent network of people. When you got 10K/mo coming in from passive income, you won't have to worry about a job.  ;D

Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

Jeff

The finanace aspect really has little to do with it...  I can spare the money.  I'm just whining...

And the quote about "getting away from every day life" amen to that!

My quote/view on it?

I wish everyone in the world could find something in their life that gives me as much pleasure as racing gives me. I've been laughed at when I said it relieves stress. The laughing stopped when I asked "how you could possibly think of anything but the moment you're in when you're doing 150mph dragging a knee, leaned 1/2 a degree from destruction?".

Although I have been known to sing SpongeBob Square Pants songs around the track during endurance races  :P
<plankton voice>
F is for fire that BURNS DOWN THE WHOLE TOWN
U is for URANIUM......   BOMBS
N is for NO SURVIVORS...

Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Nate R

LOL! Spongebob! That FUN song was a good one. :D

Jef4y, the focus of my post was that being financially free means that one is not relying on a JOB to bring in enough income to maintain their lifestyle. Money may not be the issue here for you, but the number of hours recently is. Same thing with scheduling for 1fastmofo.

That's your choice though. It's a lotta work at first to get started on your way to being able to quit your job, and it takes some time and money sacrifices at first.

I wish I could say that money isn't an issue for my racing. I was hoping to do 8 events this season. I did 4, 2 of which were Sunday only. It was hard watching you all at RA when I was a spectator, and the same thing in July at BHF. I didn't make it out to BHF last weekend to even watch.

But, I may be able to make it happen for 7 events next year if I play my financial cards right.
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

Jeff

QuoteIt was hard watching you all at RA when I was a spectator,

Doh!  Think of me on that weekend...  I got to spectate after pulling an all-nighter to replace 2nd gear only to have #2 blow through the roof on Saturday morning.

Sucks to spectate after blowing a motor and watching $500 worth of entry fees go out the window because CCS decided on the day of the event that there would be no refunds...

What burned me even more was to see a guy at BHF who had refund certs from CCS for that EXACT WEEKEND.  What a crock of crap...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

K3 Chris Onwiler

Quote"How you could possibly think of anything but the moment you're in when you're doing 150mph dragging a knee, leaned 1/2 a degree from destruction?".

Wow.
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com