News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Ike & Stu's Crash

Started by Jeff, September 09, 2003, 06:52:08 AM

GAMEDIC

QuoteAnd yeah, and I'm thinking of just walking away.  I can take pics of other things...I don't need to be attacked by people who don't know the circumstances or the laws....
You do that and you will have to deal with me and i know you don't want that ;D

K3 Chris Onwiler

I've had a horrible year.  Blown motors, bent frames, wasted suspensions  ruined riding gear...  There's been no end to it.  I don't think I've come home from a race this year with my program intact.  I don't have anywhere near the money required to laugh off this kind of luck.
At one point, I was damn near ready to quit.  I mean enough is enough!  A friend lead me to Slider Jack's trailer, and I found the hero shot among his pics of me.  It made me feel so cool that my scowl turned almost into a grin.  I bought two copys and went back to repair my bike.  Again.
STOP PICKING ON THE PHOTOGRAPHERS!
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Jeff

Show me...

For everyone on here either for or against any of this, before you spout off about laws ("you don't own that picture", "you need a copyright symbol", etc), I want you to show it to me...

People are mixing ethics with laws, and are often times completely wrong.  

Get your facts straight before you start throwing stones...  That's all I ask...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Photo_Chick

Jeff

Thanks Vicki.  That was the exact point...

People get so spun up in the "are you sure", "you need to do this", "you need to get this permission", etc etc etc, but they do it while ill-informed...

I'll step off the soap-box now...
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

tigerblade

Regardless of the legality, it seems Vicki has been more than reasonable.  She got some incredible pics (whether she or her brother took them is irrelevant) and they accidentally got out early.  She politely asked that they be removed and Jeff honored that request.  Seems to me like both acted in respectful, adult manner.

IMHO
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

Photo_Chick

QuoteThanks Vicki.  That was the exact point...

People get so spun up in the "are you sure", "you need to do this", "you need to get this permission", etc etc etc, but they do it while ill-informed...

I'll step off the soap-box now...

Kiss, kiss  ;)

Nate R

I agree with Jef4y. Throughout the entire WERA discussion, people kept saying "Wrong" "No you're wrong!" "Thats not true" But wouldn't back it up with real info. A couple people FINALLY did some research, but it's no wonder things go on so long there.  ::)
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

Jeff

Quoteit's no wonder things go on so long there.  ::)

Yeah, I mean afterall it only took us 3 pages to get there  :P
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

ecumike

I think the people that are complaining and argueing about copyrighting, why not get my permission, etc.. on the photos,  are the ones who don't get their picture taken often

I think they're just jealous.  :D

Dawn

There you go....  

Now you did it.....

FOUR pages....    >:( ;) :D ;D

Just teasing.

Dawn   :)

ecumike