News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Are you getting a new bike next year?

Started by Nate R, September 07, 2003, 11:13:05 PM

Nate R

OK, well, this year, I was the first company to make sliders for the 2003 SV650.

In 04, we got several bikes coming out including the GSXR600, R1, CBR998, and the ZX-10R. Anyone planning on getting any of these bikes? If so, let me know. If you're relatively close in location, I'd like to work with you on getting sliders done for your bike.

What that would require is me seeing the bike, finding a good mounting point on both sides, and then taking measurements. Then, the bolts would have to be pulled, measured for length and pitch. I would go design the sliders, and get a prototype to you. You would test fit them, and let me know. Benefit to you is you get sliders WAY before any other company is making them for your new bike, and you get a discount over my regular prices which are pretty reasonable to begin with. Then I have sliders for that new model, and probably will struggle to keep up with demand for a while.  :D

IF I can get a good enough look at a bike at the motorcycle show, and IF it has visible mounting points, I may be able to get all the info I need there except for bolt length.

Let me know if you're getting a new model, or new generation bike next year.

Looking forward to working with a couple of you.

Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

EX#996

New bike....   Whaaa Haaaa Haaaa Haaaaa.....

I wish we could afford a new bike for next year.  Oh well, our 00 SV will have to do.   :'( ;) :D

Good Luck on your research!

Dawn  
Paul and Dawn Buxton

Super Dave

I know my '03 4&6 R6 will be good for a couple more years.

Nate, not too many people buy big bikes to race.  Might have more business there in the street market.

You have any '03 R6 sliders yet?
Super Dave

Nate R

Understood, Dave. But, there are many people who have a big bore streetbike, and a smaller racebike.  :D

Yeah, um, about those 03 R6 sliders, well, someone managed to lose the measurements.  >:( :-/. Do you have a good set left? If so, I can make you some if you need them, or want to stock up. If not, I'll let you know when I have them.
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com

Super Dave

QuoteUnderstood, Dave. But, there are many people who have a big bore streetbike, and a smaller racebike.  :D

Yeah, um, about those 03 R6 sliders, well, someone managed to lose the measurements.  >:( :-/. Do you have a good set left? If so, I can make you some if you need them, or want to stock up. If not, I'll let you know when I have them.

Don't have a good set left.

Super Dave

Nate R

Are you looking to stock up then? I'll see what I can do. Give me a bit of time. I've been just DROWNED with requests for the new sliders I have for the SV.
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com

Super Dave

I'm good for now.  The left side is just kind of ugly.  Over the winter (after Gateway in October) will be fine... ;D
Super Dave

EM JAY

Any chance of getting some made for an MZ Skorpion?? :o
Michael Jordan
           CCS EX #??   ASRA #??
   01 SV Midwest
  Thanks to Expert Racing Ltd. in Chicago and Madness Custom Choppers of Fox Lake

Nate R

Yes, there is a chance.  :D Where are you located? If you're not nearby, or even if you are, do you have access to a digital camera? I can probably give you a better answer if I can see some pics of the side of the frame, on both sides. Looking for large bolts, and where the engine mounts are, specifically.

Im trying to do more specialty work. Before I got backed up with SV sliders, I was going to be making TZ250 sliders. Where else can you get those? They will be out, just later.

So, I'm happy to field any requests for custom sliders, or sliders for relatively uncommon bikes.

Tshort has a custom pair of sliders from me on his SV, and he tested them, too! :o  There was a racer on an SV in the MW with some REALLY long bar end sliders also through me, per his request.

Let me know if you need anything, even for existing bikes. I'm really looking to branch out to other bikes over the winter. I need more sales so I can go racing next year. Otherwise, the lack of money will prevent me from doing so. :'(

BTW, I Can't do CBR 600RR Frame sliders. Odd bolt configs prevent this.  :-/
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com

StumpysWife

QuoteBTW, I Can't do CBR 600RR Frame sliders. Odd bolt configs prevent this.

All we could find was Yoyodyne sliders for Stumpy's RR...not tested yet...he wanted to a few times this weekend, but he hung on.  

Heather

Nate R

Yep, Jef4y called me this Spring when he had gotten his, and I was dumbfounded. I was hoping to be able to get him some sliders and get RR sliders on the market right away!

The Yoyodynes look fairly decent for that bike, and the tie-down feature is an EXCELLENT idea.
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com