Video Cameras

Started by Litespeed, July 03, 2002, 09:01:25 AM

Litespeed

Are we allowed to have video cameras on the bike during the race weekend?  I seem to remeber seeing one on a bike a while back during practice and was wondering whether we need special permission or something.  I currently have a setup that puts the camera inside the nose and was wondering if it would be ok to use during practice.  I would like to use it during a race or two also but figure that would be asking too much.  One other question, what's it take to get access to the track for taking pictures.  I like to take pics of the bikes but the regular spectating arease pretty much suck for this.

spyderchick

If you want to take photos at at a CCS event, I believe it is up to the discretion of the person(s) running safety. In the Mid-west region, they will allow one person into a corner to take photos, provided you stay put where they tell you to stay put, and you are not wearing a flag color. Thus it would be advisable to wear black or white for your shirt color. Obviously yellow and red are not acceptable. In the event of a crash, just get out of the way and let safety do their jobs.
Also, Just ask your race director what the policy is on your on-board camera. They may have you tech the bike with the camera just to make sure that it's firmly attached to the bike.  Good Luck!
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Ungwaha

Hey Litesped a friend of mine had his camera on his bike at VIR (both CCSand WERA).  If ya want to take a look see here is the link....http://www.ftb-racing.com/movies2.htm
Damn I'm slow