trying to enjoy my day off..

Started by Steviebee, September 01, 2003, 01:11:01 PM

Steviebee

And my DAM BASEMENT FLOODS !!!

AAARRRRRGGGGG.

Its strange the windows in the basement are below ground level, so theres a plastic shield over them, and a big metal ducting around them.  Well, one window is right near our back porch (30x20 footer) and all the water from the porch ran down next to the window and filled up the hole.  I was in the basement working on my fishtanks (I got several SW tanks) and saw the water on the rug.  SO i thought i fed up a tank or something (I've got a few pvc pipes carring water between tanks and such).  Well i look up at the window and its half full of water!!!  And these windows open, and dont seal very well so water was pouring in through the sides!!!  I almost shit myshelf!!

Well now i own a hugh wet/dry shop vac !!

EX#996

Ahhhhh.....

The joys of being a home owner.

Dawn   ;)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

Photo_Chick

Jeff

QuoteWell now i own a hugh wet/dry shop vac !!

lol... that's how I get many of my tools...

I had a "plumbing incident" which finally earned me a decent shop vac too...  It's not all bad!

Now if something would just happen that required a 1/2" craftsman impact wrench and a multitude of metric impact sockets...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

r6_philly

QuoteNow if something would just happen that required a 1/2" craftsman impact wrench and a multitude of metric impact sockets...

that should have happened the day you entered your first race...  :D

Jeff

Nah, it's gotta be an event that actually "requires" it.  Otherwise I just limp along with breaker bars and my puny 3/8" 30 lb-FT impact...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Steviebee

i got 2 sump pumps.
So if i had 2000 gallons of water run thru the window and fill the basement with a few inches of water, then they would be in use.  Only 1 area of the basement leaked water so it didnt flood the entire basement.  Only casue i caught it in time.

Im not alone, a bunch of people had similar problems around here.  We got a ton of rain this weekend.

tzracer

I have a couple 1/2" impact wrenches. Got the first before I was married. My wife bought the second. I was working on her car, my impact would not loosen the bolt on the end of the crankshft. Went to the store and got an Ingersol-Rand impact (600 ft-lb). I "needed" it for her car, so she bought it.
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke